Handlebar width - 29er

chris_w_65

My bars seem really wide, they are 700mm. I put on bar ends (because I had them) but it made them even wider so I took those off today. Should I leave them at 700 or maybe go 680 or 660?

Chris,

I was in the same boat. I'm now riding with 660mm wide bars (bar-ends included) on my 29er. My sweet spot....but unfortunately thus is personal preference.

1.84 tall.640 very comfortable.open chest,breathing is good and handling.My preference.

Edited by shimano 105

My bars seem really wide, they are 700mm. I put on bar ends (because I had them) but it made them even wider so I took those off today. Should I leave them at 700 or maybe go 680 or 660?

Er, how could the bar ends make them wider? :unsure:

Went wider that the standard flat bar on my Talon. 680 riser. Sweet. More leverage.

10mm wider each side, a lot more if you are holding the bar ends. Also they are like big hooks to grab trees and bushes especially added to 700 bars.

BTW. I am about 1.73 tall and ride a medium

Oh, they are Ergon bar ends/grips

I use 620mm on my Stumpy HT 29er, and it is perfect. Tried the 600mm, which was a tad too narrow, and the wider options were too wide. Get what you are comfortable with, after trying a few bars.