Thaba Trails Update

Wendell

Thanks guys for the numbers testing the new trails. I am extremely encouraged by your comments. You will notice the identification names for the Blue and Green sections. My team of trail builders are excited with the simple fact that we have nemed these sections after them. The Blue sections which are for experienced riders onlt please are Richard 1,5km ...Dave 1,2km and Prince 1,4km.... teh Green sections are Abraham 800m...Yafta 1,3km and Samuel 1km.

Please be careful at this stage as we are desperatly praying for rain. The trails are becoming very testing due to the sand just becoming like baby powder...not so clean but so slippery.

Our night rides are slow in taking off. We ride at Thaba on Tuesday nights at 6pm and from this week we are moving back to The Vlei for Thursday nights.. all are welcome. We do about a two hour ride at the pace of the group.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycle around Thaba Trails yesterday (25 September 2011) :thumbup:

:clap: Marc, that looks great. How much distance did you get in. I see you didn't do the green section at the fire station not "Dave" I had an awesome ride with Andre, Jade and Grant. It is really humbling when one thinks you are fit and a guy just anialates you......on a singlr speed.

:clap: Marc, that looks great. How much distance did you get in. I see you didn't do the green section at the fire station not "Dave" I had an awesome ride with Andre, Jade and Grant. It is really humbling when one thinks you are fit and a guy just anialates you......on a singlr speed.

I got a distance of 21km from the gate, back to the gate following the yellow route on the drawing. I will need to go and find the green section at the fire station! :D

What is also impressive is the amount of ascent you get in over the 21km distance, I have it at almost 550m!

I got a distance of 21km from the gate, back to the gate following the yellow route on the drawing. I will need to go and find the green section at the fire station! :D

What is also impressive is the amount of ascent you get in over the 21km distance, I have it at almost 550m!

and u were cursing me the whole way for choosing the "experienced riders only" route :lol:

Please be careful in the carpark Weedmod!

Jeez, dude, that was like the one time…and the brakes were the wrong way round… :blush:

Aaaaaaaah, you going to hold my hand through the technical sections…? ;)

Dude how can I be holding your hand when I'd be falling about myself, rather only 1 of us falls in the technical stuff :(

Guys - the trails are awesome - if you're in the JHB area you should definitly make it a must ride in the very near future...

And after the rains it will be even better.

The night riding is also great fun - it's amazing how much stronger & better your ability seems when you can't see everything you're riding over :D