SRAM red shifters

robsc

Do any other hubbers have a similar problem ? I have continious buzzing comming from both shifters when riding . I have checked a few other forums where they refer to the brake end not being seated into the correct "side" of the holding device on the brake lever , but I have checked that and mine are . I also checked that its not coming from the shift paddle neither as I pull them towards the handlebar and the "buzzing" is still there . I am going back to the lbs today , maybe they know a quick fix ?

Sute it's not your tyres :rolleyes: :lol:

Hope you come right man. When you say buzzing, you mean that vibrating sound? My sora shifters do the same thing - it has a rubber stopper at the back of the brake levers - they have gotten a tad flat lately and have started vibrating.

Try riding and gripping the top of the shifters / brake levers to squash the levers against housing.....

Thanks for the response guys , I have tried gripping the brakes slightly , then the noise/buzzing goes away . Its definately not the shifter paddle touching the brake lever causing it . I have looked at the SRAM website technical section and they say that the brake mechanism inn the hood needs a little grease , I dont know if that will help though .

Even if I lift the front wheel off the ground and drop the wheel down you can hear the resonating vibration , it almost sounds like there is a tiny little part loose inside , The strange part is that it does it on front and rear shifters

Do you by any chance ride deep section carbon wheels?

Nope , Mavic Aksium , its definately not the whhels as I have just changed from 105 and had no vibration at all . Thanks for your suggestion though .

My left shifter does it some times but when I put my hand on it the noise goes away until my hand comes off it till it goes away naturally.

Dude, it's either that the rubber stoppers in the shifters are worn OR that there aren't any in.... well there should be really.

Pull the brake lever and look behind it - I have a rubber grommet looking stopper that the lever rests against to stop the vibration.

I had this issue with DA 7900 shifters. They were really noisy on rougher surfaces :thumbdown: Using SR and have not missed Shimano at all :thumbup:

Dude, it's either that the rubber stoppers in the shifters are worn OR that there aren't any in.... well there should be really.

Pull the brake lever and look behind it - I have a rubber grommet looking stopper that the lever rests against to stop the vibration.

Tiny , are you talking about a stopper that sits inside the hood , or at the back of the brake lever between the paddle shift and the brake ?

Tiny , are you talking about a stopper that sits inside the hood , or at the back of the brake lever between the paddle shift and the brake ?

inside the hood - will be between the brake lever and the back of the hood - where the two come together.