CWC Opening Day

LOOK695

I was there on Saturday!

It wasn't as busy as I expected it to be, but what a awesome shop. It really feels like an expo of some sorts. Thay did have some issues with pricing and the system, but everybody was on hand to help and make it as pleasant experience as possible. The scary thing is, listening to the guys, is that it will become better over the next month or so, more stock, more to display, coffee shop, MTB and BMX tracks, it really is something speacial, in my opinion.

Was there! Got some nice discount on clothing and shoes! :thumbup:

The place is a Bike P0rn paradise!!! Stunning bikes wherever you look!

Well done to the team. Apparently most of them didn't sleep at all on Friday night, in order to get the shop ready for the opening on Saturday morning.

Popped in for 5 mins ... too busy for me.

Good looking store with promises of being even better.

If there were any opening specials, then they weren't very well displayed ... I never turn down a special (even if I don't need it), yet I left empty handed.

I need to go and pay them a visit.

The few pics I saw on Tweeter and the Book of Face looked pretty amazing.

It looked a bit like Eurobike with all the displays and stuff.

I wonder how close it is to being SA's biggest bike shop (in square meters) ?

I ended up spending R1000.00 more than planned and yet feel that the savings made on the day were well worth it!

Good luck for the store and team as they have something really special that will change the face of cycling stores locally!

Does seem rather quite after so much noise last week. Guess they forget to factor in the non existing TELKOM lines at the new MS. :lol:

I am wondering if the service will be the same in such a big shop, I am used to being greeted as I walk in and chatted to, yesterday I went to take look, walked and strolled around for about 20 minutes and nobody aproached me, the shop is so large surely they are going to employ more floor staff?

Guess that rumour was wrong. :(

Ja - bleak about that! Chris - throw us a bone here. Any idea when the new site will be up?

Ja - bleak about that! Chris - throw us a bone here. Any idea when the new site will be up?

Am I the only one thinking that another player has missed great opportunity in this "silent" period? I would have punted some crazy deals to create some interest and attention, or are the guys at CWC so far ahead that the other guys can't be bothered to try and compete any more?

Am I the only one thinking that another player has missed great opportunity in this "silent" period? I would have punted some crazy deals to create some interest and attention, or are the guys at CWC so far ahead that the other guys can't be bothered to try and compete any more?

good point!