Broadacres / Chartwell Morning MTB rides

Terence Hope

Howsit going, I stay in Broadacres, looking for guys to join me and a mate for early morning week rides MTB. Or if there is a group that currently rides that we could join. From around 5 / 5 30 ish , ride for around 1 hr.

well I went out this morning did 20.5 k's in and around Chartwell/broadacres, but mainly just on the sand roads (not sure where to find trails in that area), its more to just get out in the mornings and get some k's on the legs. was out this morning from 5h20 for around an hour. The earlier it gets lighter, the earlier id like to start, but want to be done by 6h30. Was also hoping to meet some guys that could show us a couple more routes. Going to be looking at doing around 3 mornings per week, i figure 60 - 90 minutes on the bike is better than sitting indoors on a spinning bike!!! Let me know what you guys think.

well I went out this morning did 20.5 k's in and around Chartwell/broadacres, but mainly just on the sand roads (not sure where to find trails in that area), its more to just get out in the mornings and get some k's on the legs. was out this morning from 5h20 for around an hour. The earlier it gets lighter, the earlier id like to start, but want to be done by 6h30. Was also hoping to meet some guys that could show us a couple more routes. Going to be looking at doing around 3 mornings per week, i figure 60 - 90 minutes on the bike is better than sitting indoors on a spinning bike!!! Let me know what you guys think.

There are plenty of trails at the back of the broadacres centre, better to ride them with a group of people though...Its one of the known bike-jacking spots. Join a club...lab rats / fpc / bananas they all do rides out there

Edited by rouxtjie

An hour a day not going to get you through Sani, Mr Hope. ;)

thanks for that my bud, but for now while its dark in the mornings, i'll have to make do.

I am definitely keen to join up with you guys in the morning. Send me the dates when you heading out again.

will let you know of the time, we leave from the BP garage there at fourways gardens. What sort of pace you ride at?

Im also keen to join can meet easily at BP fourways Gardens. What pace are we looking at?

will join next week?

medium pace, currently we doing around the 18 - 20km/h average over 23 - 25 km's, but it must also be noted that its not trail riding as we not sure of the trails in the area, so we normally leave BP, past fourways gardens, up Lombardy, into Syringa , right onto cedar then right off cedar into chartwell (there where Steyn's new development is next to Dainfern). Only ride for about an hour, but the earlier it gets lighter, the earlier we'll be leaving, so pretty soon we should be able to get 2 hrs in.

So no one keen to join us then?

Wednesday morning from Engen on the corner of Main and William Nicol... theres a mtb rides through Kylami and past Lonehill... u can cut across to Broadacres if u want from there. Leaves at 5am sharp.

Also on Friday, they ride to Greenside and down the Spruit, and up through Paulshoff... u can ride home from there... also leaves at 5am sharp.