Sarah_M

Event Name: Energizer Night Race - JHB
When: 15 October 2011
Where: Monaghan Farm, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Main event: Saturday, 15th October

Venue: Monaghan Farm, Lanseria, JHB

Start time: 19:00

5Km Trail Fun Walk: Individuals Only (R100 pp)

5Km Trail Fun Run: Individuals Only (R100 pp)

Trail Run Relay: 4 Athletes x 5Km each (R480 per team)

MTB Relay: 2 Athletes x 10Km each + one final lap together

(R500 per team)

Go to Event Page

<b>Event Name:</b> Energizer Night Race - JHB<br/><b>When:</b> 15 October 2011<br/><b>Where:</b> Monaghan Farm, Gauteng<br/><b>Category:</b> MTB<br/><br/>Main event: Saturday, 15th October

Venue: Monaghan Farm, Lanseria, JHB

Start time: 19:00

5Km Trail Fun Walk: Individuals Only (R100 pp)

5Km Trail Fun Run: Individuals Only (R100 pp)

Trail Run Relay: 4 Athletes x 5Km each (R480 per team)

MTB Relay: 2 Athletes x 10Km each + one final lap together

(R500 per team)<br/><br/><a href="https://www.bikehub.co.za/events/event/334-energizer-night-race-jhb/">Go to Event Page</a>

I don't want to be rude, but don't you think R500 per team for 10km each and 1 lap together is a bit much?

Can't wait for this race! Awesome atmosphere, top notch organization, Graeme Watkins project and a goodie bag of note!!! :clap:

Best you all be there... Event of the year, in my opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to be rude, but don't you think R500 per team for 10km each and 1 lap together is a bit much?

Agreed... Subsidizing the goodie bag. R250 for 20km or R12.50 a km, no matter how I try i cant justify it.

Ha, my parents stay on monaghan farm. Beautiful place! They've made a real effort and the course looks brilliant.

Been looking forward to this one for ages!

weather's looking awesome too!

" Awesome atmosphere, top notch organization, Graeme Watkins project and a goodie bag of note!!! :clap:"

couldn't agree more... going to be heaps of fun...

my partner and I will be decorating our bikes a little too.... :eek:

Agreed... Subsidizing the goodie bag. R250 for 20km or R12.50 a km, no matter how I try i cant justify it.

Well worth the money, just the headlamp you get will make it worthwhile.

The goodie bag is actually a true goodie bag, not just socks and lip ice

Well worth the money, just the headlamp you get will make it worthwhile.

The goodie bag is actually a true goodie bag, not just socks and lip ice

+100 on that also the atmosphere, production and entertainment was absolutely worthwhile! Definitely keeping this as a must do on the calendar.

Max went on a bit at the start, but I guess he like really wanted to build up the "positive energy" ... like shew wow mah bru :P <_<

+100 on that also the atmosphere, production and entertainment was absolutely worthwhile! Definitely keeping this as a must do on the calendar.

Max went on a bit at the start, but I guess he like really wanted to build up the "positive energy" ... like shew wow mah bru :P <_<

Agreed, entry fee is nothing considering the goodie bags and prize money, as I'm sure you'll agree Dino? :clap::clap:

Congrats again on your win... you guys were flying!!!

Does anyone have the gps map and profile for the route? Just interested to see.

Have to agree... most enjoyable race I have done in a while!

Did you guys also come across the couple there in the middle of nowhere going up the hille ? :blush:

Agreed, entry fee is nothing considering the goodie bags and prize money, as I'm sure you'll agree Dino? :clap::clap:

Congrats again on your win... you guys were flying!!!

Oh yah, money in the bank is always good :D .... Thanks very much Lauren, was great fun. Fortunately the fitness just made it :blush: ... And well done to you guys as well! :thumbup:

@gillie - Maybe on www.nightrace.co.za ? ... Had a Garmin on, but it was a demo for the event. Not sure if I actually want the data back :blink:

Does anyone have the gps map and profile for the route? Just interested to see.

Have to agree... most enjoyable race I have done in a while!

Did you guys also come across the couple there in the middle of nowhere going up the hille ? :blush:

What were they doing?

Caad4, they were walking ! :blink: But seriously, I don't know what they were doing out there all on their own, dressed up and smelling like they took a bath in erfume or something. Probably looked for some "alone time", but I think about 400 mtb'ers with lamps of all shapes and sizes, kind of killed the mood ! :D