Province: KZN

Entries Close: 02 Nov 2011

Starting Time: 09h00

Seeding and Batching: No

Timed By: TBC

Late Entries: Yes

Fully ROAG Administered Event: Yes

Race options:

52km Challenge MTB @ 09h00 - R140 (R160)

Event Contact:

Rebecca van der Linde

033 386 0815

bex@maxcluer.com

Course Description:

The 52km mountain bike starts in Camperdown and finishes at Inanda Dam. The route comprises some fast off-road sections, steep ascents and descents through the Valley of a Thousand Hills and some superb new single track leading into the valley and down to Inanda Dam. It may be a fast course but don't be fooled; it is a challenging 52km of off-road mountain biking. Climatic conditions are another factor to consider and participants may experience extremes between the misty highs of Inchanga to the swealtering 40OC heat of the Inanda Valley. In dry conditions, the top athletes are expected to take around 2h30 for this leg while on average, cyclists can expect to take 3h15 - 4h00 to complete the route.

Directions to MTB START(Camperdown)

1. From Durban or PMB on the N3 highway take the Camperdown turn off - Number 57.

2. Turn Right over N3 if coming from Durban or Left away from the N3 if coming

from PMBurg.

3. Proceed for +/- 200m to the intersection and turn right into Old Main Road

4. Proceed to the parking lot of Spar.

Directions to INANDA DAM (MTB finish):

FROM DURBAN: Take the M13 to Hillcrest, turn off at Hillcrest off ramp. Turn right at the robots into Old Main Road. Travel for about 1km until you reach the Old Main Road/Inanda Road intersection. ABSA Bank will be on the left hand side. Turn right at the robots into Inanda Road. About 2km from Hillcrest there is a signboard (on the right hand side) saying INANDA 6. On the left side is Fischer Road (M302) (Look out for Hillcrest Fellowship). Turn left to Fischer Road and drive all the way down the valley, continue straight on tarred road and on the intersection you go straight passing the water tank no your left hand side until you reach the entrance gate, Inanda Dam & Resort.

FROM PIETERMARIZBURG: Take the R613 from Pietermarizburg. Go pass the Shongweni/ Assagay/ Hillcrest turnoffs. Take the Old Maim Road/Hillcrest offramp. Turn left to Old Main Road. Travel for about 1km until you reach the Old Main Road/ Inanda Road intersection, and ABSA Bank will be on your left hand side. Turn right at the robots into Inanda Road about 2km from Hillcrest there is a signboard (on the right hand side) saying INANDA 6. On the left hand side is Fischer Road (M302). (Look out for Hillcrest Christian Fellowship). Turn left to Fischer Road and drive all the way down the valley, continue straight on tarred road and on the intersection you go straight passing the water tank on your left hand side until you reach the entrance gate, Inanda Dam & Resort.

TRAINING DAYS

Four training days will take place along various sections of the courses. For up to date details, please keep posted to www.triplechallenge.co.za

Dates as follows:

3rd and 10th of September and the 15th and 22nd of October

Local accommodation: Camping & chalets at Inanda Dam. www.msinsi.co.za

Local activities: fishing, picnic facilities, boating & skiing, trail walks / runs, mountain biking.

Goodie Bags will be given to the first 100 entries!

Go to Event Page