canondale lefty computer?

zork

where do one fit a cateye/computer on the lefty,there is no space on the front shock for the pickup thinny?

what do you guys recommend

What do you need a computer on a MTB for? It's completely against the gospel according to sean...

What do you need a computer on a MTB for? It's completely against the gospel according to sean...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

where do one fit a cateye/computer on the lefty,there is no space on the front shock for the pickup thinny?

Get a Garmin. Problem solved. Seriously though you can get extended cables for the Cateye (Not sure where though. Ask your LBS) alternatively, if you are the DIY type, just cut and extend your existing cable to reach the back wheel. Not sure if mixing them up makes a difference. Shouldn't. Mark them first just in case...

Edit: Weedmod beat me to it...

Edited by Grebel

My LBS (Westrand cycles) made a bracket for me from a piece of aluminium tubing. Unfortunately I don’t have a close-up picture but hopefully this gives you an idea. It is mounted on the Brake calliper. Works like a charm. Let me know if you would like me to take a better photo and post it.

post-11311-0-83649800-1317104826.jpg

Edited by canfan

mine is wireless ,but the magnetic thing that goes on the spoke is to far from the frame to pick up

please sent me a close up pic ,i think i am going to do the same

I will take some pic's tonight and post.

You do get a bracket-thingy that cable-ties on to the lower fork (20.00 € from Dr Cannondale), works okay (soemtimes) but I went the Garmin Edge 500 route, never looked back. It sits a bit low on the fork, I found at low speeds there was not enough magnetic flux to keep it alive.

Google can like to be your friend.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/jdp526/P6176066.jpg

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/3888/pbpic3888794.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/91474911_53fc96c35d_o.jpg

Edited by AndreZA

Put the cateye/computer on the stem, its going to be bloody difficult to read the data when it is strapped to the fork!

Omnico has a special bracket out for lefty forks,specialy made by cannondale for lefty"s. i have ten of these in stock. It comes with instructions to mount and everything and it looks neat not like some of the gadgets pictured...no offence guys but there are "neater ways". just trying to help out. :)