Grahamstown Cycling

stockcarracer

If you live in, or are coming to, Grahamstown you can now get in touch with local cyclists on their new forum:

http://grahamstowncycling.proboards.com/

Local rides and expanded route info will be included with time and The Motion Cycling Club has just been launched to serve G-town riders (joining info on forum). Aim is to share knowledge and help grow the cycling, and potential cycling, community in the town.

Inspired by, but not intending to replace, this great site!

Geez, that posts takes me back almost 20 years, and getting stoned then bombing down Mountain Drive and past Grey Dam on my mate's Topanga with cantis. No helmet! Great days!

Geez, that posts takes me back almost 20 years, and getting stoned then bombing down Mountain Drive and past Grey Dam on my mate's Topanga with cantis. No helmet! Great days!

Only takes me back about 3 years.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/19717-does-holly-roller-have-a-life/page__st__60__p__360162__hl__grahamstown+holy__fromsearch__1#entry360162

or

<DIV> </DIV>

<DIV>oh, wait, you're not that chick i got the clap from up at the grahamstown monument that night during rag, are you?</DIV>

Edited by TNT1

Holy *ahem* crappola! You dug up that thread! Classic! Pity some of the hubbers on there no longer frequent this place!

Back to the topic. Riding in G-town is what convinced me to get into the sport again. Oner of my best memories was heading out alone on a bike from G-town to Port Alfred on the boat race weekend. It hurt, but was booze-fuelled, so great fun!

Back to the topic. Riding in G-town is what convinced me to get into the sport again. Oner of my best memories was heading out alone on a bike from G-town to Port Alfred on the boat race weekend. It hurt, but was booze-fuelled, so great fun!

The ride back must have hurt. I remember it being bad enough having to drive to PE the morning after those partieswacko.gif.

The ride back must have hurt. I remember it being bad enough having to drive to PE the morning after those partieswacko.gif.

Hahaha! Yeah it did in a roundabout way. Two days later I rode from PA to Kenton-on-Sea, then Kenton-Grahamstown the next day.

Edman, did you study about UPE?

Hahaha! Yeah it did in a roundabout way. Two days later I rode from PA to Kenton-on-Sea, then Kenton-Grahamstown the next day.

Edman, did you study about UPE?

Nope, studied at Wits. I used to fly down to row at boat race. Also did the drive a couple of times - 1000km in a car with a massive hangover is really not fun.

Nope, studied at Wits. I used to fly down to row at boat race. Also did the drive a couple of times - 1000km in a car with a massive hangover is really not fun.

:lol:

No, it ain't! I had many, many drives home at vac like that!

Thanks for the welcome and glad to hear G-town brings back some memories..... FYI - Mountain Drive is still a great "on your doorstep" place to ride and currently plays host to not one but two MTB race series, one a night race, organised by the new bike shop in town.