Ajusting Handelbars on Silverback Saturn

Active Monkey

Hi guys, wanted to ajust my handle bar hight yesterday and didnt know how...

see there is a alankey on top and one on left and one on right? how do I ajust this to make it taller?

You can only raise the stem if there are spacers on top of it, and some spare steerer tube. At least, that's what I think you are getting at… :unsure:

Edited by Tumbleweed
spelling

Hi guys, wanted to ajust my handle bar hight yesterday and didnt know how...

see there is a alankey on top and one on left and one on right? how do I ajust this to make it taller?

Jacques, as Tumbleweed said, if you have spacers on top of your stem, you can remove the topcap, and the two side bolts, slide it off the steerer tube, and place the extra spacers below the stem. If you do not have spare steerer tube left to play with, flip the stem around so that it points upwards, (almost like a morning glory), and remember to tighten the top cap bolt first (not to tight, but enough to pull the stem into place), and then tighten the two side bolts, using the correct torque value. If it is a carbon steerer tube, do not exceed 6nm.

Edited by andrè traut

Is there a specific trick to doing this on a "Silverback Saturn" that makes it different to any other bike?

Is there a specific trick to doing this on a "Silverback Saturn" that makes it different to any other bike?

Hey, go easy on the newbie.

It's 'out there' man - somewhere in... RANBURG ? :unsure:

To OP. Dude, my suggestion is to take it to your Local Bike Shop. Out.

Dont think so just dont know qhat to turn and what to loosen etc

• 2 weeks later...

if there isn't any more steerer to move the stem up - then look at getting a stem with more of an angle, and / or a set of handlebars with more of a rise.

Post a pic or two of the current setup :thumbup:

Dont see spacers on top of stem, i have remove the topcap, and the two side bolts, but if i make the stem any tallet i cant tighten it again as the bolts dont reach and the stem stays loose.

Dont see spacers on top of stem, i have remove the topcap, and the two side bolts, but if i make the stem any tallet i cant tighten it again as the bolts dont reach and the stem stays loose.

yeah you've run out of steerer, so your stem's going to have to stay where it is. seems you already have a riser bar - try get a stem with a more extreme angle, or a bar with even more rise. how low is it when you're on the bike?

Thanks guys will go check... Havnt moved the handle bars at all so home there is a way... Need to set it higher as im a tall oak

How tall are you and what size frame is that?

How tall are you and what size frame is that?

Echo that.

Looks like you're already maxed out on spacers, positive rise stem and high rise handlebars as it is.