Kyalami Training

Ashchest

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Kyalami close to cyclists when it gets dark at 6pm or can those with lights continue riding till 7pm?

R 10 PER person, you can enter the gates at 16:30 and enter the track at 17:00, call the track and speak to the lady that answers the phone, give her your e-mail, she sends out mails on mondays about the days the track will be open to cyclists.

Can anybody either post or pm me the email address that she uses to send from? It will be easier if I email her to add me to the mailing list.

Hi, please send the email as well... will be very appreciate!

Planning to go this evening!

• 2 weeks later...

just did it... now will get weekly update regarding track avail! brilliant... plus nice reminder to get my a.. into gear ;)

call Karen - 011 4662800 @ kyalami and ask to be added

Hopefully she will learn how to send an email properly, she has all the addresses in the "To" field so that they are visible to everyone :thumbdown:

• 3 months later...

Is Kyalami open to the public for training? I know this may have been asked already so apologise if it has.

Yup it has been asked a million times and sorry I dont know the answer but your friend "Search" does.

We have Killarney down here and hunting season has opened!

It is open from 5pm - 7pm every Monday to Thursday subject to weather conditions and also depends if there are any events taking place.

Call 011 466 2800 and ask to be added to their mailing list.

It is open from 5pm - 7pm every Monday to Thursday subject to weather conditions and also depends if there are any events taking place.

Call 011 466 2800 and ask to be added to their mailing list.

Great thanks. A friend of mine contacted Kyalami and they told him it was closed which I thought was odd.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning

Yesterday i decided to ride Kyalami race track with a couple of mates of mine, so I arrived like a tool on my MTB with Fat Nobblies.My mates are all roadies, anyway havent done much distance training or road training and i really enjoyed it even on the MTB.

I had a Seriously flat back tyre and wasted 20 min trying to pump the stupid thing up.(eventually got a bomb).So chasing light i only did 4 laps so thats 16kms in about 40 min not good at all but atleast its a start.

I will def be riding there soon i think its a great way to train and a great environment!

plus 10 bucks for a safe ride, why not?

Edited by mix