Bikes for Kona 2011.

gummibear

Dirk Bockel's bike for Ironman Champs.You should see this in the top 10 ;)

The bike will be built later and i will post pics when it's done.

298699_10150318919254748_675649747_8077308_1700033372_n.jpg

Edited by gummibear

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My money would be on Raynard for a top 3.

I just liked the small lion details on this frame.

Raynard is ill. Could not train the last 3 weeks. Will decide during the race if he will withdraw. On his blog:

I’ve been dealt one of those hands once again before a major race. The last 3 weeks have been a constant battle between my body and mind, trying to stay on track, and get the training that needed to be done out of the way. In the end, the body won. My mind just couldn’t keep forcing my body to do what it was protesting against each and every session, and when I was eventually forced to quit a training session half way through, I had to concede that something was wrong.

After a few days off from training I tried to ease back into it, but the physical signs were no better. Still I tried to push on, until the third day back when I cut another run short and barely made it home before collapsing.

All the signs point towards a virus. Sore, stiff, aching muscles, constant headache, dizziness, constant fatigue - but until a blood test is done, we won’t know what is going on. And by the time I get home I’ll be too angry and depressed to care about blood analysis.

So unless there is a quick island cure (like smoking some ‘erbs, or tossing a virgin into the smouldering belly of the volcano), it looks like the island has got the better of me once again.

I thought it was a showing of Kona branded bikes. Very disappointed.

Strong like bull, smart like tractor!

Any guesses on what Crowie will ride after 70.3 Worlds?

one of the pro ladies on twitter hinted the bike to start with an S.... hmmm Cervello starts with C.... Scott?

Dirk Bockel's bike for Ironman Champs.You should see this in the top 10 ;)

The bike will be built later and i will post pics when it's done.

298699_10150318919254748_675649747_8077308_1700033372_n.jpg

I heard that the headset setup on this bike is not UCI approved. Doesn't it matter for Kona? Awesome looking bike though. Check out this matt black version :drool:

post-18573-0-16418600-1317637581.jpg

It's a non-drafting race,so UCI rules don't apply.

Strange thing is that it uses a 1 inch fork steerer,and you can get a UCI legal fork as a option.

Edited by gummibear

I heard that the headset setup on this bike is not UCI approved. Doesn't it matter for Kona? Awesome looking bike though.

UCI is the Internasional cycling governing body. Kona is a traithlon so the UCI has got nothing to do with it. The Ironman brand is also not affiliated to ITU but rather to the WTC if I am not mistaken.

one of the pro ladies on twitter hinted the bike to start with an S.... hmmm Cervello starts with C.... Scott?

Apparently he tested a couple of bikes and the Cervelo P4 was the fastest for him that's the one that he used in 70.3 Worlds. If he is going to "S" then Spez Shiv comes to mind, Scott? wow plot thickens.

Apparently he tested a couple of bikes and the Cervelo P4 was the fastest for him that's the one that he used in 70.3 Worlds. If he is going to "S" then Spez Shiv comes to mind, Scott? wow plot thickens.

from slowtwitch

The split between Orbea and Alexander has been some weeks in coming. Alexander rode an unbadged Cervelo P4 while winning his second 70.3 Worlds, and is widely rumored to be aboard a Specialized.