Just keep left...

MJ the Expat

What is with the attitude boet?

So I come up behind a slower rider doing the shorter distance.

Me: "Keep left when you can please.". No shouting. Just letting him know there is a faster oke behind him that would like to get past.

So the tjop lets rip with:

"How the F%$K am I supposed to keep left???"

Hey, dumbass, I asked nicely! From now on, just keep the heck left!

Edited by The real MJ

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey MJ, you obviously don't understand how overtaking at mtb races works. You are supposed to appear so suddenly in the right hand peripheral vision of the slower rider, and simultaniously shout so loudly that you scare the dude into crashing off to the left, leaving the track clear for you to pass. By the time he starts swearing, you will be too far ahead to even hear it. Simple, try it next time. ;)

I prefer to use:

"Track Please!"

Followed by:

"Thanks"

This sounds like less of a command.

No, it doesnt

What is with the attitude boet?

So I come up behind a slower rider doing the shorter distance.

Me: "Keep left when you can please.". No shouting. Just letting him know there is a faster oke behind him that would like to get past.

So the tjop lets rip with:

"How the F%$K am I supposed to keep left???"

Hey, dumbass, I asked nicely! From now on, just keep the heck left!

Glad I don't ride MTB and have to fight with fellow cyclists!

I ride road and fight with drivers - so much more entertaining. Had an incident this morning with a 'box' who pulled off from the side of the road without indicators or warning.

well MJ I hope you never get stuck behind me. Cause I most likely would also use bad language. Most times, I am giving it a go, and usually am battling to just keep going and stay focused on the tiny strip of dirt in front of me. How the google am I supposed to go left when I cant even go straight ?

And secondly, if you are going so fast, that means you are better than me, so make a plan and go round me, and be nice about it. Remember you are better than me, and its also my ride. So be nice.

Dude if someone tuned me where to ride I'd get seriously pissed! I ride on the side with the best surface because I can! I don't get overtaken much so not really an issue for me though! Hahaha what does get me though is when two riders ride side by side having a duk chat and block route for everyone. But even then I make a plan and go around,cos at the end of day I'm there to have fun, not to get stressed!

If someone asks for track i will always oblige where safe and convenient for me , yelling for me to give track has the opposite effect and i go slower and trust me i can go S L O W.

i am not trying to win so i generally just say "looking to pass on the right when you get the chance please"

if someone does happen to come up behind me on singletrack ill generally tell them if they want to pass, ill move to the left whenever the opportunity presents

i am not trying to win so i generally just say "looking to pass on the right when you get the chance please"

if someone does happen to come up behind me on singletrack ill generally tell them if they want to pass, ill move to the left whenever the opportunity presents

:stupid:

Dunno

Been riding for 5 years and only heard this "Track" expression a few months ago.

To be honest, if you don't know what it means, you'll never figure it out when someone says it.

I think the good ol' "Passing on your right/left" works best :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Zhg_lxt3lTw/SgTPZXwAwpI/AAAAAAAAAas/C-cje8iRdns/s400/spin+class.jpg

Hey MJ, you obviously don't understand how overtaking at mtb races works. You are supposed to appear so suddenly in the right hand peripheral vision of the slower rider, and simultaniously shout so loudly that you scare the dude into crashing off to the left, leaving the track clear for you to pass. By the time he starts swearing, you will be too far ahead to even hear it. Simple, try it next time. ;)

I didn't know there was any other way that works? :unsure: