Whats the issue with my Edge 500?

ebenvn

First time at Teak place and yesterday again. It works fine, and then all of a sudden gives a crazy distance reading. I did 15 673km yesterday (in about 2 hours!)

I had the same problem on my Edge 800 . Did the firmware update about 3 weeks ago and have never had that problem again .

Guest agteros

First time at Teak place and yesterday again. It works fine, and then all of a sudden gives a crazy distance reading. I did 15 673km yesterday (in about 2 hours!)

It is normally a stray (one only?) stray GPS fix. Scratch around on http://forums.garmin.com as there are ways to edit/sanitize the .fit files to remove these.

HAHA! I have had that twice with my edge 800 - both times picking up a point in Antartica. Did a firmware update after the first time and didn't bother with the second.

Works 100% now :thumbup: - now my HRM is giving me K@K readings! :thumbdown:

My Edge 500 is having problems picking up the satellites. No problem a week a ago, but all of a sudden my speed is 0 and when it comes on intermittently, I am going downhill at a relatively high speed and the Edge is showing 7km/h, then 3,5km/h and then back to zero. I have reset it, switched it on and off and my software is up to date. Any ideas?

HAHA! I have had that twice with my edge 800 - both times picking up a point in Antartica. Did a firmware update after the first time and didn't bother with the second.

Works 100% now :thumbup: - now my HRM is giving me K@K readings! :thumbdown:

Do you have the premium strap? There is a new improved model of the strap available and should be under warranty

Do you have the premium strap? There is a new improved model of the strap available and should be under warranty

Chris, what time frame is the warranty? I got mine from the states in Jan, started using it in Feb this year. Yeah, I think I have the new strap - the one with the soft strap that you can put on without the HRM being clipped in.

Changed the battery and worked well. Think it might be the stop-start riding that I have sometimes during training rides - then the strap probably shifts and doesn't read so lekker.

Chris, what time frame is the warranty? I got mine from the states in Jan, started using it in Feb this year. Yeah, I think I have the new strap - the one with the soft strap that you can put on without the HRM being clipped in.

Changed the battery and worked well. Think it might be the stop-start riding that I have sometimes during training rides - then the strap probably shifts and doesn't read so lekker.

You have the new strap already if you can wear it with the HRM not clipped in

I received a 500 bundle a week ago as a gift, but it came with a hard plastic type strap - which I am sure is not the premium / new one? Does this mean I got old stock or something and would the new strap be compatible? Obviously as it was a gift I can't get too snotty with questions around where it was bought etc etc..

I'm accustomed to the Polar strap which i find MUCH more comfortable...

My Edge 500 is having problems picking up the satellites. No problem a week a ago, but all of a sudden my speed is 0 and when it comes on intermittently, I am going downhill at a relatively high speed and the Edge is showing 7km/h, then 3,5km/h and then back to zero. I have reset it, switched it on and off and my software is up to date. Any ideas?

I had exactly the same when doing the Kremetart this year , and I updated to the latest firmware 2 nights before Kremetart , what I did is I went into settings and did a rescan of my hrm and speed sensor there is a setting/option to do that not sure what it is called and it worked problem solved.

Ok, thx - I will update my firmware and hopefully that will sort it. (Im actually dissapointed now, thought my superpowers started evolving, you know... :blush: )