Amusing Triathlete Hating Blog

gummibear

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know why they wear arm warmers with sleeveless tops.

Edited by AndreZA

I just know why they wear arm warmers with sleeveless tops.

'know' or 'don't know'? if 'know' then why do they :unsure:

Hmmm, not only does it look dubious, but, if you ride in a tri kit, then it isn't that cold, then you can surely ditch the arm wamers

There were 'cyclists' at Race for Victory with sleeveless and arm warmers but perhaps they were triathletes in disguise :rolleyes:

Load of hogwash that.

Every sport in life has morons who take part in it. Triathlon is no exception. Triathlon is more a way of life than anything else. Besides, life is just too short for one sport.

Agree 100% with him (although I think he is an idiot) with regards to the races being overpriced and that organisers just want to make money. This has stopped the sport from growing as much and as fast as running. Then again while the opportunity is there and the demand is there can you really blame someone trying to make a living of it. It's a difficult situation. My opinion is that if you can focus long term then asking less will bring more people to the sport and thus create more long term sustainable opportunities to make money. What I do not agree is that it is an elitist sport. I do not earn a lot my bike is not R50 000 (not even R10 000), my wetsuit was second hand. In fact the most expensive part of triathlon is NO1 entry fees and NO2 good running shoes because I have to replace them every 1000km. The bike I only bought once, the wet suite once but takkies every bloody 1000km. Thus the running part is the most expensive. Yes it is easy to fall into the trap of wanting all the goodies and all the new tech but that's live. Always wanting more. I'm mostly a cyclist that do a bit of tri and I generally think that triathletes are some of the most friendly people you get.

Agree 100% with him (although I think he is an idiot) with regards to the races being overpriced and that organisers just want to make money. This has stopped the sport from growing as much and as fast as running. Then again while the opportunity is there and the demand is there can you really blame someone trying to make a living of it. It's a difficult situation. My opinion is that if you can focus long term then asking less will bring more people to the sport and thus create more long term sustainable opportunities to make money. What I do not agree is that it is an elitist sport. I do not earn a lot my bike is not R50 000 (not even R10 000), my wetsuit was second hand. In fact the most expensive part of triathlon is NO1 entry fees and NO2 good running shoes because I have to replace them every 1000km. The bike I only bought once, the wet suite once but takkies every bloody 1000km. Thus the running part is the most expensive. Yes it is easy to fall into the trap of wanting all the goodies and all the new tech but that's live. Always wanting more. I'm mostly a cyclist that do a bit of tri and I generally think that triathletes are some of the most friendly people you get.

I agree with that.

I agree with you 100% on the entry fee. The races are very expensive to enter and also dont forget that you sometimes have to spend a night there or travel by car/plane to East London and PE.

As for the equipment and the cost of all the latest gizmos and gadgets to help you go faster, well that's just life unfortunately.

He makes some fair points about Ironman and the cost of the sport in general but his generalisation about all triathletes being huge douches is pretty offensive. Sure there are quite a few bellends in our sport but that goes for any sport. The after comments and follow up are well worth reading too.

http://charliebroadway.blogspot.com/2011/01/triathlon-is-stupid-sport.html

Not going to read it, but it probably comes 'off the back end' of the Tri-Nubbin that was nom nom nommed whilst swimming with White Sharks the other day - after the Shark Nannies told him not to, and he,in the manner of a douche, told them ever so politely to PIZZ OFF.

:D

fixed. My keyboard was made in a Chinese rip-off factory just like the new iPhone 5.

Triathletes must get the award for craziest tan lines...between the sleevless vest & arm warmer combo, tri vests, footless compression socks, hot pants, swimsuits, running caps and glasses they must look like an Escher painting in the buff!

Certainly the best looking Eschers on offer in the athletic world though...