Disappointing experience from Olympic Cycles Web shop

Gearman

Hi Guys,

Thought I'll share my disappointing online shopping experience with Olympic Cycles Web shop.

I needed new mtb tyres for the (now past) Lourensford event and place an order for me and a buddie 2 weeks

before the event. The order was for 4 MAXXIS of a specific size and compound. Had to allow 4 days for delivery. On the morning of the 4th day, I phoned the shop and spoke to the guy responsible for web orders that only started the job 3 days ealier. He had no clue of the existance of the order, but placed the order with their supplier and promised to let me know when it arrives at the shop. I was contacted when it arrived and delivery details was confirmed .. this was 2 days before the event. That evening at home, when I was about to fit the tires, I noticed that it was the right brand & size, but incorrect compound ! I phoned back the next morning and spoke to the boss. They did not have any simular stock to replace it with and I was told that the supplier no longer carried the tyre we ordered. Nicely left high and dry, so we had to duck out at lunchtime from work to go and hunt for something that will fit our requirements and the budget. The bottom line .. the specials are ok, but the service not and you better be prepaired to follow up on your order.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, tell me about it. I have sent them a few enquiries, but to no avail no replies, alas no business from me ever.

Pity bout the service. The site looks good.

Anyone else dealt with them before?

Strange that I've never heard of / come across this site before.

Olympic cycles is one of the oldest local bike shops in Cape Town (Cleremont) with one of the widest ranges of stock. It is primarily a shop where real people go to look at and buy real bikes and bike stuff and to talk to real sales and service people. Sorry to hear their web shop is problematic. The real one works for me.

They have quite a bit of stock, but no-one knows where things are. Also some of the "real" sales people don't know what they are talking about. (personal experiences)

Will not get my bike serviced there, ever. (nightmares from friends)

i ordered something from there, i got a message the next morning to say they didnt have the colour I wanted so I chose the 'in stock' colour and it arrived at my door the next morning, there was no courier charge as I'm also in CPT (CWC take note :-)

Olympic cycles is one of the oldest local bike shops in Cape Town (Cleremont) with one of the widest ranges of stock. It is primarily a shop where real people go to look at and buy real bikes and bike stuff and to talk to real sales and service people. Sorry to hear their web shop is problematic. The real one works for me.

I don't buy this attitude at all. Real people make orders via a website. If they can't service sales efficiently through a website then they're better off not having one, as you can see it's costing them customers. This is 2011 after all, and while they are one of the oldest shops in CT, it's no excuse for poor service. The OP was let down and messed around. The time it took them he could have (and should have) ordered the tyres from CRC, and they's have been at his door in time. Poor service is such a problem in SA. Nobody gives a toss.

I don't buy this attitude at all.

Hi FSA, I really really don't have an attitude today, scouts honour.

... there was no courier charge as I'm also in CPT (CWC take note :-)

Really... no courier charge?

Did a quick comparison on a couple of items with CWC

You hired the courier company for the day mate! laugh.gif

First Olympic then CWC:

post-7579-0-64980500-1317645307.jpg

post-7579-0-56627800-1317645306.jpg

post-7579-0-74164000-1317645716.jpg

post-7579-0-75428300-1317645715.jpg

post-7579-0-00217700-1317645720.jpg

post-7579-0-57898700-1317645718.jpg

post-7579-0-78317400-1317645721.jpg

post-7579-0-77644000-1317645720.jpg