Sram Red with 11-27 casette??

Superfly1

Hi

I want to fit a 11-27 casette on a road bike that currently runs with full SRAM Red. Seems like shimano offers this ratio. Is anybody using this ratio and any issues I need to know about to run such a set-up?

Shouldn't have any issues tar MAC. The ratio is a little wider at the easier end of the cassette but you are normally on a steep climb at this point so will not cause you any problems. I run 11-28.

Thanks Big JD. Are you running SRAM or Shimano casette?

I was also wondering should I go Ultegra or DuraAce. Do you get so much more benefit for the difference on price?

Shouldn't have any issues tar MAC. The ratio is a little wider at the easier end of the cassette but you are normally on a steep climb at this point so will not cause you any problems. I run 11-28.

I'm running Dura Ace 7900. Can't really comment on Ultegra as I haven't ridden any of the newer stuff, but in my experience Dura Ace 7900 is quieter, smoother and shifts way better than SRAM Red. I woudl suspect the only diffence between Ultegra and Dura Ace would be a weight differential.

Phoned a LBS or two yesterday and seems like 11-27 was made by shimano but can't get stock in SA anymore and SRAM doesn't do 11-27. What's the 2nd best choice then?