Sun City MTB routes

Richard the Lion Heart

I have a work thing at Kwamaritane outside Sun City next week, is it worth taking the mountain bike with? Are there any there any routes or tracks that can easily be found and are accessible?

I have a work thing at Kwamaritane outside Sun City next week, is it worth taking the mountain bike with? Are there any there any routes or tracks that can easily be found and are accessible?

Phone the hotel and ask to speak to somebody about mountain biking. I was put through to a guy (Can't remember his name though) who hooked up with me and we did a few km's through the bush on the other side of the road that runs past Sun City. He lived in the compound(?) where the emloyees live

When are you at Kwa?

I live out here (sun city) and always keen for a ride.

PM me.

Cheers

Phone the hotel and ask to speak to somebody about mountain biking. I was put through to a guy (Can't remember his name though) who hooked up with me and we did a few km's through the bush on the other side of the road that runs past Sun City. He lived in the compound(?) where the emloyees live

Thanks tried that already - between all the receptionists and Welcome Center staff at Sun City there was no joy. But I got a response from Smolster and will hopefully set something up.

Thanks tried that already - between all the receptionists and Welcome Center staff at Sun City there was no joy. But I got a response from Smolster and will hopefully set something up.

:thumbup: I must have got lucky! :P

When we did the Sun City race two years ago we rode through a squatter camp at the beginning. There were a whole lot of Sun city security guys on quads following the riders closely. Not sure if it was for show or there was a real security concern.

Actually quite safe as most the Sun City staff are in the surrounding areas. I usually ride solo, but always avoid riding over payday weekend as many of the locals have had 1 to many, and rather safe than sorry!

Poverty does not always equal cime!