Garmin Forerunner 910XT

Tankman

No clear release date mentioned yet, Robo. These are still in development phase. I would guess maybe early next year or if they are cleever, just before Christmas :thumbup: BUT that won't be the first time Garmin release stuff before it is ready, they slack on software testing regularly!

As for price, the Rand is sitting at R8 to the $, you can work it out from there. Those are recommended retail prices, so give or take a little ;)

Edited by Tankman

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garmin Forerunner 910XT

Hi Guys

We will post an update as soon as we have received these new 910XT's in stock.

So far we are looking at late 2011 or early next year.

Maybe we will get them in time for Christmas, but at the moment it is hard to say.

Regards

EasyGIS

Garmin Forerunner 910XT

Hi Guys

We will post an update as soon as we have received these new 910XT's in stock.

So far we are looking at late 2011 or early next year.

Maybe we will get them in time for Christmas, but at the moment it is hard to say.

Regards

EasyGIS

Can't wait!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Being released at the end of this month!

Oh and if you have not yet noticed, Garmin has finally bought Google Maps back in Connect! :thumbup:

Joking about what? The release date (insider info ;) can't reveal my source) or Google Maps that is back??

Pay attention next time you log in to Garmin Disconnect, there is a drop down list to choose between Bing or Google maps.

Dude, did you start drinking at 4pm or something, how many times are you going to ask about price in the same thread?

It looks like it'll be available by November 28th.

I'm surprised that they don't have it ready for Cyber Wednesday or at the very least Black Friday.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately the info is not juicy! Release delayed until next year.

Official statement from Garmin:

“Thank you all for the overwhelming interest in the Forerunner 910XT. Unfortunately, production delays have pushed back availability until after the holidays. We apologize for this inconvenience, and we assure you that the rigorous testing and diligent attention to detail will result in a reliable and robust product upon shipment. We will communicate additional information once the 910XT begins shipping.”

They probably realised that their software, like most of their other products, needs an enormous amount of work.

Unfortunately the info is not juicy! Release delayed until next year.

Official statement from Garmin:

“Thank you all for the overwhelming interest in the Forerunner 910XT. Unfortunately, production delays have pushed back availability until after the holidays. We apologize for this inconvenience, and we assure you that the rigorous testing and diligent attention to detail will result in a reliable and robust product upon shipment. We will communicate additional information once the 910XT begins shipping.”

Ag nee :-(