www.bikeparks.co.za Groenkloof review

N0madADV

Bikeparks has just posed a full review on Groenkloof http://www.bikeparks.co.za/review/groenkloof

Groenkloof, as its name states, is green and contains many ridges and hills: a truly great mountain bike destination. It is a national park that caters for all users with facilities at a level way above other similar national parks. There are separate tracks for vehicles, walkers and mountain bikers. It has several species of game making the ride unique and really ‘knocking the socks off’ your mates who visit from overseas – come around a bend and bypass a giraffe or two!

Groenkloof is nestled between the Voortrekker Monument, Unisa and the Fountains Valley Resort. As such, it has very few residential buildings and you really feel like you have escaped the city to the heart of the bush. It is 25 minutes from the JHB northern suburbs, close to Centurion and easy to access.

The mountain bike route is around 22 km for the fairly advanced rider, although beginners can keep to the vehicle and jeep roads, so a wide range is catered for. Due to the many variations in the route, one can easily extend the ride’s possibilities. We typically complete the first loop a second time as the busy track designers are always adding more MTB track options and splits. Kudo’s to them – many improvements are being made all the time.

For the full review go to: http://www.bikeparks.co.za/review/groenkloof

Nice review. They could've had a closer look at the fountains XC track as that is some of the best singletrack around, still, overall a good review.