Trailer 4-bike rack?

Cranky

I'm looking for a trailer bike rack that can take two adult and two junior MTBs (sizes 20 and 24 inch). I've seen recommendations before for Strides, but am not sure if the racks are adjustable. I saw a comment on the Hub that Strides doesn't accommodate a 29 inch bike (and that's on the wish list). Looking at images of the Venter rack, I'm not sure if it can be easily adjustable for various bike sizes.

Can anyone advise? Also, any idea on cost of Strides. I see that Venter 4-bike rack is about R3000. Thanks.

I'm looking for a trailer bike rack that can take two adult and two junior MTBs (sizes 20 and 24 inch). I've seen recommendations before for Strides, but am not sure if the racks are adjustable. I saw a comment on the Hub that Strides doesn't accommodate a 29 inch bike (and that's on the wish list). Looking at images of the Venter rack, I'm not sure if it can be easily adjustable for various bike sizes.

Can anyone advise? Also, any idea on cost of Strides. I see that Venter 4-bike rack is about R3000. Thanks.

Hi Cranky

I have a Strides 5 bike and am looking to upgrade to a 7 Bike. It is a very good rack but does cost a bit more than the Venter version. It does accomodate any bike from a 24" to a 29er(That i have personally tested). The only thing is you need to order it with the arms that can hold the 29er front wheel(which is not a major issue).

Hope this helps.

(Also the service you get from Mark at Strides is fantastic)

Thanks specializedfan. Can you give me an idea of price for Strides. Am I looking at more than R4000?

Anyone else got any other options? Thanks.

When i bought my 5 bike about 2 years ago it cost about R5000. They also add another gas lift to support the lid when you have bikes on. Otherwise if you are intersted in a 5 bike let me know.