X-King Tires and Tubeless

Swift01

Hi,

i remember reading something about the X-king protection tires and cleaning them with Meths or thinners or something before you put them on as tubeless. Can anyone remember what it was you clean the tire with?

it's not the bike I am worried about it's the damn Doc. and his telling me off. :thumbdown:

Bike will be super ready by the time 3 towers happens.

My X King Protection came with a note inside it, saying you must scrub with meths if you are going to use it tubeless.

Ok. I did that to the first tire. Just wanted to make sure meths was the right stuff. Wonder if it has to be done a 2nd time if you had the tire off for more than a few days

Ok. I did that to the first tire. Just wanted to make sure meths was the right stuff. Wonder if it has to be done a 2nd time if you had the tire off for more than a few days

Meths is fine just make sure you clean it well, I had to redo mine the first time as I didnt clean well enough and had some loss of air oh and put some extra sealant in as they absorbe a fair bit on the initial sealing. Im very happy with mine, Im running the Xking on the front in place of a crossmark its a bit noisier in the grass stubble but everything else is just perfect and the grip etc is great.

Edited by Dustbug

Thanx. I will take them off and apply loads of cleaning. Seems to leak out the side wall at 1 spot

Why not just get the UST version.

All UST's I have used, race king, mountain king, crassmax, all sealed up first time.

No Meths, no fuss.

Yeah, I haven't seen UST X-Kings available here either :thumbdown:

Edited by zaslinger

The age old weight issue. I have been running no tubeless tires for years, this is the first tire I have come across that has issues :-(

Why not just get the UST version.

All UST's I have used, race king, mountain king, crassmax, all sealed up first time.

No Meths, no fuss.

Yeah, I haven't seen UST X-Kings available here either :thumbdown:

If it's 29er, there isn't a UST X-King as yet.

Hi,

i remember reading something about the X-king protection tires and cleaning them with Meths or thinners or something before you put them on as tubeless. Can anyone remember what it was you clean the tire with?

Any solvent will work, meths and thiners will destroy the rubber, i just used, sunlight and it worked a charm,

That said, i used the Race sport version which is tubless ready, and even though for a couple of months it worked fine, it just deflated 3 times during gravel travel, and got a sidewall tear at k2c,

Still a brillaint tyre, but i wont fit anything other than the tubeless version again. The sidwalls on the Protection and RS just doesnt hold up.

Far from that. Still on a 26inch carbon HD :-) some of us like it tough or more to the point bank manager does not agree with one's vision