Be very careful ordering downloads from Action Photo

walkerr

It's not common for me to see a pic I like of me on an event, but when I do I've ordered them. And in the past I've been pretty happy with the Action Photo (www.actionphoto.net) service.

This time I ordered by download. I'm not sure what went wrong, whether their web server stuffed up, or maybe I just made a simple mistake. But I got a link to completely the wrong picture - it wasn't even a picture of me, just some other random dude.

I figured with their satisfaction guarantee (point 6 on their FAQ) they'd overlook whether it was my mistake or theirs and simply email me the link to the picture I actually wanted.

Not so - all I got was a screen print from their internal system and a text which in summary said you got what you ordered".

So if you do see pics you like and want to order them, be very careful. I still believe this could be a web server error, especially since I use Firefox and not IE, which many sites only test against. I'd recommend you take screenprints of every step of your order so you can prove what you ordered vs what their internal systems say you ordered.

Really can't understand such a ludicrously rigid customer service approach, when we all ride many events a year - and as things stand I certainly won't be ordering again.

Rant over - time to get back on the bike and enjoy training for the next event. Happy trails everyone

-- Rob

UPDATE - You'll see from my later posts that Rene stepped in and has resolved this now for me.

Edited by walkerr

:thumbdown: - I only bought photo's in my first season and decided after that, that I don't need any more photo's :thumbup:

:thumbdown: - I only bought photo's in my first season and decided after that, that I don't need any more photo's :thumbup:

Haha - yes - I only ordered pics during my 1st season road cycling. But I've done few MTB events, and never had any pics where I didn't look like a completely out of control muppet. So this was such a rarity, I couldn't resist getting one in case it never happens again!

Haha - yes - I only ordered pics during my 1st season road cycling. But I've done few MTB events, and never had any pics where I didn't look like a completely out of control muppet. So this was such a rarity, I couldn't resist getting one in case it never happens again!

That seriously sucks then! It is a pity that the actionphoto.net guys won't correct their error :thumbdown:

Yeah, my wife said that in most of my photos I looked like I was smiling.... I was just trying to get more air in :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can never understand why companies handle mistakes like this in that manner, regardless of who's mistake it was they could rectify it and supply you the correct image and it wouldnt cost them a cent (its an image in a database), in-fact had they done this you probably would have posted a positive post about them instead of a negative post and they would have received some free advertising out of it.

It reminds me of the Dave Carroll / United Airlines saga, see below.

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for YouTube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded, "Good luck with that one, pal".

So he posted a retaliatory video on YouTube. The video has since received over 10 million hits! United Airlines has contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was, "Good luck with that one, pal".

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has lead to a sharp increase in orders.

Here's the video...

Nice post - and good clip thanks.

Totally agree, this could well be my mistake but it was simple to rectify. It looks like having posted here I got some attention though, so maybe the right pic will come in the end.

- R

Cheers for that. Seems like Rene has stepped in to try and help this one too, so hoping she will get it sorted. Not sure what the issue is though, looks like the email attachments she's trying to send so far are still coming through wrong. Hopefully it'll come right though.

Nice post - and good clip thanks.

Totally agree, this could well be my mistake but it was simple to rectify. It looks like having posted here I got some attention though, so maybe the right pic will come in the end.

- R

Strange how that happen one of my friends took his car in for a service and ask them to replace one of the bulbs in the process they cracked the glas they refuse to replace the light so he calmly ask the guy if he knows about hallopeter, Facebook and twitter he very grumpily said he will see what he can do and replaced the light

Edited by Foxy

Strange how that happen one of my friends took his car in for a service and ask them to replace one of the bulbs in the process they cracked the glas they refuse to replace the light so he calmly ask the guy if he know about hallopeter, Facebook and twitter he very grumpily said he will see what he can do and replaced the light

Crazy that. You replace the bits, but grumpily. Still costs you and still got irritated customer who probably wont come back. Why not , Hell, I'm so sorry, let's replace for free with pleasure and a smile, then the dude tells 10 mates how he got sorted.

Edited by Benjamin

Thanks to Rene at actionphoto - rang me just now and got this sorted, and I have the right pic now.

Seems like Rene is the goto person for issues.

- Rob :D

Edited by walkerr

Well OP rant just cost them more than the "loss" of income for one pic.

Companies should get onto the customer service wagon and stop treating the consumer with distrust.

I ordered a pic of me up Chappies for my first Argus, the pic never came. Almost spent R100 for it.

Never gonna buy from them again.

Sorry to hear that Soggy. Your 1st Argus and Chappies is a pretty big deal - mine was only 4 years back, and the smile at crossing the line is still there when I think on it.

Maybe drop Rene a line and see if she can help - perhaps they have a download version they can send you, and help remove the bad experience.

I can never understand why companies handle mistakes like this in that manner, regardless of who's mistake it was they could rectify it and supply you the correct image and it wouldnt cost them a cent (its an image in a database), in-fact had they done this you probably would have posted a positive post about them instead of a negative post and they would have received some free advertising out of it.

It reminds me of the Dave Carroll / United Airlines saga, see below.

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for YouTube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded, "Good luck with that one, pal".

So he posted a retaliatory video on YouTube. The video has since received over 10 million hits! United Airlines has contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was, "Good luck with that one, pal".

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has lead to a sharp increase in orders.

Here's the video...

Cool video, I live in RSA, don't know United Airlines but I doubt I will ever fly with them given the choice after watching that!

I wish I was a bit more musical!