Great service from Hammer ZA

walkerr

I figured having posted a rant today, I should also post a rave to balance things out.

I'm still tinkering with energy drinks and supplements, and am currently experimenting with Hammer. Ordered some from their website (http://www.hammernutrition.co.za/) yesterday afternoon and they were delivered this morning.

Great service guys - thanks

-- Rob

Haha - sorry - typo.

Went to try and edit it to "service", but looks like I can only change content not title.

It could be an IBM though - who knows? :)

perpetreum=great stuff!

Yep, seems to be working quite well for me - still trying a balance of taking a Perpetuem and Heed bottle and alternating, with an extra plain water behind saddle to hydrate.

That's working great energy wise, although still suffering inner thigh cramps on some longer rides (only > 3hrs). I think that may be a combination of Magnesium/Potassium, and also needing more training. Have read couple reports that specifically inner thigh muscles can mean your cleats are canted slightly outwards, so gonna get that checked next time I go past my LBS.

All good stuff though, enjoying training and riding more now with this mix

- R

For cramping try Hammer Endurolites. Works like a charm for me. Love Hammer and love the way you don't get super hungry on a ride using Perpetum. For recovery, Hammer Recoverite is amazing!

Edited by SuperChick

For cramping try Hammer Endurolites. Works like a charm for me.

Thanks for suggestion - I put a trial pack on my last order, so looking forward to seeing how they work out. How many do you take pre-, during, post- ride? My one concern was taking too many and getting an electrolyte overload/imbalance due to what's already in the Heed and Perpetuem.

I tried USN Cramp Block for a while, but didn't do a lot for me - I know other guys get on well with it though. Hoping Endurolytes work more on that side of things.

- R

Thanks for suggestion - I put a trial pack on my last order, so looking forward to seeing how they work out. How many do you take pre-, during, post- ride? My one concern was taking too many and getting an electrolyte overload/imbalance due to what's already in the Heed and Perpetuem.

I tried USN Cramp Block for a while, but didn't do a lot for me - I know other guys get on well with it though. Hoping Endurolytes work more on that side of things.

- R

Cramp for the first time on K2C at the mythical Rennie, and it worked like a charm. did wonders for my heartburn too.

Cramp for the first time on K2C at the mythical Rennie, and it worked like a charm. did wonders for my heartburn too.

Interesting - cramped on Little Chappies last year, and popped 1x Tums/Eno tab and 3x Magnesium tab (small ones in purple bottle from Dischem). Didn't cure the cramp totally but I managed to keep spinning to the top. Same happened again going through Hout Bay, and did the same - also managed to get me to keep turning through the pain to top of Suikerbosse.

My GP is pretty certain that muscle fitness aside, Magnesium (or poss Potassium) is my main issue which this seems to bear out. I'm not sure how/where Calcium comes into the mix, but the Mag tabs alone don't work nearly the same. Endurolytes have about the same quantities, so will see if they work. If not, will stick with the Enos/Mag tablet combo for now.

I've also read that some studies have shown that the final "trigger" for cramp is actually a signal from your brain - the electrolyte depletion is the root cause of the damage, but the actual spasm is a brain reaction. My experiences lead me to see some truth in this - I cramped badly on the Knysa ride couple of years back, and had no pills or gels left. I bit my top lip to get some other pain going to sidetrack my mind, looked up and forced myself to enjoy the view, gave myself a pep talk and sung a song in my head. Amazingly it actually kept my legs turning just enough to keep going.

I'd also add that moving my cleats as far back towards my heal as my shoes allow has helped on my road bike. Can't do same on MTB as my lead shoe then fouls the front wheel too badly.

I guess there is no 1 simple answer!

- R

Edited by walkerr