29r Scalpel 2012

Riding in Africa

Well i have just riden the 2012 Scalpel 29r. very nice ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i have to find 53K though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could sell the wife, but is is like part of the family

Only had time for a short tarmac ride, buti have been riding 29r for the last 5 years before all of the knobs got on baord :lol:

the set up is nice the bike was a large which was spot on though it did have a -15 stem which i would change to a -5 to lift me up. my Gary Fisher is a med so this had a more streched out cockpit for racing. I was told that you can change the head angle by moving a spacer

Nice kit

Crank OEM XO

XTR Rd

XT shifters

Avid 9 brakes

Sun ringle hubs on ZTR Arch

lefte with remote loclout

Monach rear shock ( would swop for RP3)

WT 11.5kgs but did not feel this heavy. it was well weighted ( some bikes are heavey front or rear)

Price R53,500 which means they are charging a preminum on the overseas pricing!!!!! :( :( :( Still going to buy one

it was on the west rand

But its no use going there as it has gone for testing at the magazines

Oh well - I will wait and see what they say - hopefully Tread is one of them as I suscribe to it.

Thats wher it is going first i was told.

I wonder if i can become the test rider??? :D :D :D

Are you buying one - if so looks like you will be one of the first anyway and can do the test for them :D

Mine will be here with those airfreighted in... pity it will be late for the Vlei 24hour but mabe...just mabe in time for the Sabie Experiance... please Father Christmas don't be late.... rather two weeks early than 2 minutes late...It is beeeutiful, especially the green one...much preferred over the ONE.