Hmmm, went for a 8km run this morning.......

...and, long story short, I hopped a ditch they were digging and when I landed I slipped and felt all my weight on the outside of my knee, immediately I knew something had happened there, but it wasn't too sore and I still trotted home.

Its been a bit achy this afternoon but now I am sure its starting to swell and it feels puffy when I push it.

I think I have pulled and injured something, maybe a ligament, I dunno, but I sucked a few anti-inflammatories and I'll see tomorrow.......hope I dont need to head to the doc. :unsure:

Ouch, if you need to see someone I have a very good chiro in our town, he will quickly tell you what could be wrong.

Guest agteros

Get some ice on it....a packet of peas will work.If it's gone black then it's the legament.

How on earth do you get to that?

Guest agteros

...and, long story short, I hopped a ditch they were digging and when I landed I slipped and felt all my weight on the outside of my knee, immediately I knew something had happened there, but it wasn't too sore and I still trotted home.

Its been a bit achy this afternoon but now I am sure its starting to swell and it feels puffy when I push it.

I think I have pulled and injured something, maybe a ligament, I dunno, but I sucked a few anti-inflammatories and I'll see tomorrow.......hope I dont need to head to the doc. :unsure:

eish GoG, sounds not good. Hope it is a light sprain at worst. Hope it is better in no time at all!

I remember when I went to see the doc just before my knee op, he had a good look at my left knee:

"We will have to operate." he said.

"Uhm, no doc, it is my right knee that is the problem." said I.

To the OP: I know it sounds funny but give it a day or to before you go see a doc UNLESS it really hurts like a SOB and keeps you awake at night.

And try an stay off da feet.

I remember when I went to see the doc just before my knee op, he had a good look at my left knee:

"We will have to operate." he said.

"Uhm, no doc, it is my right knee that is the problem." said I.

To the OP: I know it sounds funny but give it a day or to before you go see a doc UNLESS it really hurts like a SOB and keeps you awake at night.

And try an stay off da feet.

+1

Doctors are trained to take educated guesses and "follow procedure" - usually leading to a procedure from one of their mates.

Get a good sports physio. Mine recommended me to a podiatrist for my problem and it got solved without cutting.

Ai, getting old is not for Wussies......its very swelled up this morning and very painful if I put weight on it. Strangely its not too sore if just sit and I bend the knee, but I cant put any weight or pressure on it. I iced it last night and I have taken some anti inflammatories but I think its off to the doc this morning.

+1

Doctors are trained to take educated guesses and "follow procedure" - usually leading to a procedure from one of their mates.

Get a good sports physio. Mine recommended me to a podiatrist for my problem and it got solved without cutting.

Yeah, I will go to a chiro or physio as soon as I know there is no mechanical damage from an X ray or something. I think only a doc can send you for that sort of thing.??

Yeah, I will go to a chiro or physio as soon as I know there is no mechanical damage from an X ray or something. I think only a doc can send you for that sort of thing.??

Physio!

Don't forget the RICE principle....Rest Ice Compression Elevation.

Anti inflams and pain killers help too - easy on the pain killers though - they make you think it's healed up when it aint!

Ai, getting old is not for Wussies......its very swelled up this morning and very painful if I put weight on it. Strangely its not too sore if just sit and I bend the knee, but I cant put any weight or pressure on it. I iced it last night and I have taken some anti inflammatories but I think its off to the doc this morning.

Eish... Sorry to hear about your injury. It's not limited to getting old though (hope this makes you feel better) :) Similar thing happened to me about a year ago. Hope you recover soon :thumbup:

As I said, getting old is not for Wussies.........my doc sent me for X-rays and the Radiologist says the following.

Extensive soft tissue swelling is noted.

Degeneration of the knee joint is noted.

He thinks I will need an arthroscopy as I may have damaged the cartilage, so Monday I am off to the orthopaedic surgeon. :unsure:

As I said, getting old is not for Wussies.........my doc sent me for X-rays and the Radiologist says the following.

He thinks I will need an arthroscopy as I may have damaged the cartilage, so Monday I am off to the orthopaedic surgeon. :unsure:

Sorry GOG. Sounds like you might need the couch and a beer. Beer good for knees.

AsI said mate, I have someone who could help.

AsI said mate, I have someone who could help.

Yeah thanks Dangle, I was not thinking clearly yesterday, :blush: maybe you can you let me have his number and I'll also give him a shout. Its sprained but I think theres some mechanical issue as well.