Manitou minute vs Rockshox Recon Air

DubbelBuys

Hi all,

I want to buy a soft tail bike & my conclusion (which is biased a bit) - Merida 120 500D (which I will just upgrade the front fork to air) or the 900D.

I'm not too worried about the components as I'm not gonna race seriously with it. Just fun riding & fun race riding.

Thing is what I want to know: if I opt for the 900D (which will be fitted with a Manitou Minute fork)

How does the Manitou Minute fork compare to the Rockshox Recon in terms of:

Easy servicability

Spares

& overall durability

Or should I opt for the 500D & just replace the fork instore with either Manitou Minute or RockShox Recon?

Thanx in advance

JB

Performance wise I would compare the Manitou Minute RMD with the Reba range.

I ride both on identical FS bikes.

Servicing is a lot easier on the MM for me as it is not dual air and internals are more straight forward.

I am heavy, 90km and the MM holds up to everything I throw at it and is plusher than my Reba RL.

I am not saying the Reba is bad, but the MM is better. Neither have flex which I hate, I found the SID's to be very flexy.

IMO when i buy another fork i will go with MM again.

Edited by TNOSE_E

Thanx for the reply- I'm having the Reba on my hard tail & it would be the recon that I was thinking of putting on my 120 500D for an upgrade.

Do you service the MM shocks yourself?