Sun City Triathlon

Rolling Thunder

11global <admin@11global.com> the orginizers

Super nice must do race and claimed to be the toughest triathlon in Africa.

High value for money

Very nice goody bag.

The water will most likely be to hot for wetsuit(like last year) and expect tempratures out there on the road far above the 30 degr(38 degr last year) mark.

However this is one of the best orginized triathlons in SA with plenty of support and drink.The road is not closed for the cycle but the traffic is well controlled.The cycle last year was a tad more than 40 km. The run is through the sun city golf course and is spectacular but tough.

Look at their website as they usaly have special rates for triathletes for the weekend and that makes for a lekker vibe in the cabannas hotel.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

So you can confirm that the Challenge group is not organising this race. Just want to ensure it does take place!! :P

Thanks

So you can confirm that the Challenge group is not organising this race. Just want to ensure it does take place!! :P

:lol:

Thanks

Ja boet. I suspect you gonna have a nasty lingering taste in your mouth for a while. Bit of wine tasting should sort it out.

Edited by Seeker911

Anyone doing the triathlon at the Pretoria West Power Station on 27 November 2011.

Or has anyone done it?

ITs olympic distance.

• 3 weeks later...

anybody willing to take a bet whether this weekends race in Sun City will be wetsuit legal or not?

I truly hope it is wetsuit legal....

anybody willing to take a bet whether this weekends race in Sun City will be wetsuit legal or not?

I truly hope it is wetsuit legal....

Last year wasn't, but the water really was lovely!

I used my wetsuit this weekend in the Linden public pool just to get used to swimming with it on. The water temperature was 25. Believe me if was no fun at all. After 20 laps the wetsuit had to come off I felt something like a crayfish being slow boiled :thumbdown: I reckon if the temperature is anything over 20 there's no chance of me wearing it..

Swim good PB, cycle very fast, run terrible. Thought I had the whole run through the golf course thing waxed by doing all the Kinetic night races. The big difference is the kinetic races are at night and Sun City was in the heat of the day, a major difference ! I see the race results are not available because of a issue with the timing equipment. I sincerely hope they did not loose the data !

How about the medal its so heavy you could use it as a weapon. Nice Though.

Great race, pity there are no results. Also interesting there were no lifeguards, or very few.

Plenty of hydration and sponges to cool yourself. How about that big cycle group?

I thought the race was pretty good.

I have never been so hot in my life, although the ice cold sponges were great.

My energy levels took a huge knock and i really battled on the run.

All in all i had a good time and realised that i am hoplessly undertrained.

Great race, pity there are no results. Also interesting there were no lifeguards, or very few.

Plenty of hydration and sponges to cool yourself. How about that big cycle group?

I noticed a number of large cycle groups. The ref had a great time blowing his whistle. I heard the ref did eventually stop someone for a time penalty, there were so many bunches I guess in the end he did not know where to start. Looked like some guys were training for 94.7 :lol:

I noticed a number of large cycle groups. The ref had a great time blowing his whistle. I heard the ref did eventually stop someone for a time penalty, there were so many bunches I guess in the end he did not know where to start. Looked like some guys were training for 94.7 :lol:

I had a big issue with all the guys drafting yesterday, i dont understand how people could blatantly cheat?

Why not just do one loop on the cycle, that will help your time even more?