Polar CS300 heart rate monitor

Dodz

Hi all

I bought the polar cs300 heart rate monitor, speedometer and cadence sensor. My question is can I run that and my other sigma speedometer at the same time? Ive heard differing stories, some say its fine because the sigma is a wired unit and the Polar is wireless and others say the wired one will work but the wireless polar unit wont. Ive got the sensors on the bike but havent tested it out yet (was too late last night :)

So should I take the old sigma unit off and replace it with the Polar one?

Take it off, the Polar will show you everything you want to know :thumbup:

Thanx JanMTB

I just asked the wife to check if the polar watch unit picks up speed and all that while riding and she says it doesnt pick anything up yet it did pick her heart rate up. Does that mean the other unit is causing interferance?

I doubt it will cause interference. Did you buy it 2nd hand? The battery in the Speed sensor might be finished, or the magnet is to far from the sensor. Maybe check how strong the magnet is.

I doubt it will cause interference. Did you buy it 2nd hand? The battery in the Speed sensor might be finished, or the magnet is to far from the sensor. Maybe check how strong the magnet is.

nope i bought it new! i put the magnet and sensor as close together as i possibly could +- 3mm so i dont know. Im going to take the sigma unit off anyway and see as to what happens :)

so after all the frustrations last night of trying to get the damn thing working, I took it into sportsmans warehouse this morning only for them to tell me it is faulty!!!! so damn irritating that you spend soo much cash on something and when you get home to start using it it doesnt freaking work!!!!!!

So now i need some advice please fellow hubbers, what can you people recommend that has similar or better features than the Polar CS300 in a similar price range R1800 - R2000. Got a long ride tomorrow morning and need a new unit by then :)

My polar is 6 years old and works like a bom.No problemo

Im not doudting that but if I buy something and out of the box it doesnt work I dont go back to that product, just me!!

I always heard such good things about the polar range and have been dissapointed with my purchase.

Get another Polar

It works. Unless you have the money get a Garmin

As for the Sigma and Polar on the same bike. The 2 units will work together as far as speed and cadence is concerned. If the Sigma has a HR feature as well it will pick up the Polar HR Strap but the readings will be way off.

Get another Polar

It works. Unless you have the money get a Garmin

As for the Sigma and Polar on the same bike. The 2 units will work together as far as speed and cadence is concerned. If the Sigma has a HR feature as well it will pick up the Polar HR Strap but the readings will be way off.

Ive been looking at gramin prices and they a bit steep:(

The stigma unit does not have HR feature thats why I thought it shudnt be a problem, but after speaking to the sportsmans sales person (who didnt have a clue!!) he came to the conclusion that the unit is faulty. Maybe I should just get another CS300 and get them to fit it for me!

The Polar is a great unit. I had a have used Polar for many years without any serious issues. The local agents have been brilliant with any minor problems that I have had.