Scott Scale 29 RC

baie-sukkel

Hello all,can one buy a Scott Scale RC Carbon 29er frame alone? If so where,and what would be a realistic price to pay for it? What front shock do you guys recommend(must be remote lock-out....I like the Fox F32 FIT???) Thanks Gustav

try Neils wheels - i hear they can get any bike or part.

but seriously, no, as far as i know it only comes as a whole bike. (i think)

Im sure you can get one but you should jump and enquire. Rumour has it probike is only bringing in 29er carbon bikes (and some alu's) for 2012 and no desent 26ers

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Gustav, at the Scott Demo Day, I seem to recall Joggie saying there weren't any framesets for sale at present.

no frames,only complete bikes.The new sid xx far lighter than fox.Scott shipment now only land end of Jan,I was lucky to get my 29er in September!

Anyone interested in Scott bikes. Come to the 200 Mountain Bikers awareness ride on the slopes of Table Mountain. Scott will have demo bikes available.

20 November. 9-11am.

Thanks so much for all the replies and pm's,so it looks like a complete bike purchase only...............eish !

no frames,only complete bikes.The new sid xx far lighter than fox.Scott shipment now only land end of Jan,I was lucky to get my 29er in September!

Just to give you some interseting info. I have the same scale as yours and I replaced my Reba with the new Sid xx.

Weighed the reba once off the bike.

Reba with 181mm steerer and lockout = 1610 g

Sid xx with 181mm steerer and lockout = 1590 g

If I knew there was going to be such a small difference I might have just kept the Reba.

What do you think?

Worth saving the weight.... If not, y not.. :thumbup:

I bought A Scott RC 29 frame from WE Bike (speak to Willie). Priced ok.

Just managed to finished building it.

All up weight inclu pedals - 8.9kg. I could take another 300grm off....

Nice bike.

Frame - RC 29 Pro

Fork - Spec 29 Brain

Wheels - Tune hubs, Tune skewers Sapn spokes, Enve clencher rims and Spec Renagade tyres.

R1 brakes with carbon leaver kit

XX cluster, XX shifters, XX rear and front derail,

Rotor BB92 Press Fit crank

Xtr pedals

Richy Matrix 110mm stem, Rich WCS Carbon Post, Truv Noir Carbon Flat Bar.

Carbon Frame gives a good ride, still needs bit of bike setup to be done. :clap: :clap:

Edited by Andro

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"NO FRAMES ONLY COMPLETE BIKES".

That is what probike tells you when your scott scale frame cracks and they have to replace it under warranty.

then u end up with a R48 000 bike that you cannot use for 3 months and dont know till when.

• 1 month later...