ethics on the hub

robb

anybody els notice how things are sliding here on the hub lately?

3 of 3 of the last purchases ive tried to make the seller has listed an item and the sellers just dont bother replying...even though i can see the seller has had online activity

ive seen things from a seller confirming a sale as sold and the person who would have been 2nd in line calling an auction so he can get the item...and the seller agreeing to having confirmed a sale...

to where a seller has sold the same item to 2 people...

to where a seller confirmes a sale and having to call after him to eventually find out he sold it to sombody els...

i think that communication is a big problem with some sellers, they shouldnt bother listing things if they havnt decided if its for sale, or atleast reply to let people know whats goin on...

anybody els had bad experiences lately?

my bad experiences this year total around 7 this year...

p.s please refrain from mentioning users names on this thread

Hi Rob

I think another problem is calling dibs and not following the sale of the item through.

Then there is the debate of people PMing and not posting on the thread so you might think you are the only interested person when in fact you have competition.

When I do sales, I always first check the thread then compare PM times. And make a decision from there.

I like to think I have only had good sales and I am sure many will confirm that for me.

I think maybe looking forward we need to make some form of rule where people need to 1st post on the thread like "PM sent" and then send a PM. Other buyers can then post on the thread saying; "if Item not sold please contact me" and the seller then has a potential next customer list if the interested buyer drops them.

It must be said that I'm sure not all buyers want to pull out of a sale as maybe their finances took a knock with something being out of control or when asking more questions about the item they discovered something that they didn't like. In that case they should say sorry I'm not interested anymore and life carries on.

I would urge you guys to start using the seller / buyer rating. It is there so that other buyers do not get burnt by the same people.

Robb says "i think that communication is a big problem with some sellers"

I again have problems with buyers that shows interest,want to make arrangement to view the product then simply just disappear. The weirdest experience I have had lately was a hubber that booked and payed for a weekend on the farm about 3 weeks ago(see my thread under Routes and trails).Well they simply never arrived,after a number of calls,messages,sms's,emails,the person just simply did'nt bother to say'we not coming'the reason don't need to be given,but weird....fully payed weekend,don't pitch and just keep quite.....weird man, so maybe there are also some comms problems from the buyers side that needs attention. I deal only with guys that's been around here for some time as there are some really dodgy guys prowling this site aswell. My 2 cents on my experience here on the hub.

I would urge you guys to start using the seller / buyer rating. It is there so that other buyers do not get burnt by the same people.

+1

I've continued to have good luck, mostly as buyer, no problems, goods arrived as advertised, most recently some very lekka shades :)

As a seller, you must suss out and realise who are the time wasters.

Edited by kosmonooit

+1

I had good transactions at all times as buyer or seller.

Hmph!

Sorry to hear about those questionable dealers.

Use the reporting and rating system on the ol' Hub - that is what it is there for.

<_<

If only you could see the number of PM's in my inbox guaranteeing me someone is going to buy something - I reply and then never hear from them again! It is seriously painful... think I've had about 7 people "taking" my 2 XT groupsets I currently have advertised and I still have both! I don't think I've had a bad deal buying stuff, but selling is seriously painful! I have also been guilty on one or two occasions of forgetting I said I'd buy something, but will always go through with it if/when I remember if I've said I will...

Why not mention names?

Janri is a knob. I told him I was coming to collect a bike he was selling. He says ok, its with him at work. I explain that I have to stop at a client just down the road from him, whereafter I will collect the bike. I sms him to tell him I'll see him in a few minutes and he tells me someone else is coming to look as well. Then he says he is in a meeting and can't see me. This after telling him I have the cash in my pocket.

Then there's Jumbojetbaby. Says I can take his fork, confirms it on the forum, and then gives it to someone else :thumbdown:

I've only had good buying and selling experiences on the hub (and gumtree for that matter). This is mostly because I communicate telephonically and in person. I only e-mail or sms to get contact details and from there on use the phone. I communicate clearly and if I want something I move on it pronto. Don't leave grey areas and don't waste time.

Why not mention names?

Janri is a knob. I told him I was coming to collect a bike he was selling. He says ok, its with him at work. I explain that I have to stop at a client just down the road from him, whereafter I will collect the bike. I sms him to tell him I'll see him in a few minutes and he tells me someone else is coming to look as well. Then he says he is in a meeting and can't see me. This after telling him I have the cash in my pocket.

Then there's Jumbojetbaby. Says I can take his fork, confirms it on the forum, and then gives it to someone else :thumbdown:

Have you rated them accordingly?

;)

Edit: Maybe you need to re-brand that header too. Ethics on The Hub are sketchy. Ethics on The Hub Classifieds are another issue altogether.

Edited by The Drongo

Have you rated them accordingly?

Yes, where I could. The seller deleted his ad too quickly for me to add a negative reply.

Yes, where I could. The seller deleted his ad too quickly for me to add a negative reply.

I still have your brakes! :clap: