Beginner MTB'er birthday gift ideas

L.T.G

A friend wants to get her boss something MTB'ing related for his birthday.

The guy's just started, but apparently has all the basics.

She's asked me for some ideas, I suggested a customized cycling shirt (if anyone does do "one of" designs?) or a Camelbak.

Otherwise I'm stumped, the rest of my brain runs wild with thoughts of a garmin 800, Topeak bike stands, Crank Brothers Cobolts, S-works Prevail etc.. way out of her R1000 budget.

any ideas?

(The guy's just started, rides uncleated and mostly along the Spruit, if that helps)

I would go with the camelbak. Maybe the 1,5l

I got one as a gift, and use it for all my shorter rides. :thumbup:

Is he such a good boss to deserve a R1000 gift in the first place? Maybe a voucher for CWC so that he can choose himself and still get great value?

Is he such a good boss to deserve a R1000 gift in the first place? Maybe a voucher for CWC so that he can choose himself and still get great value?

That's what I was thinking - she must really like her boss...

(The guy's just started, rides uncleated and mostly along the Spruit, if that helps)

so get him a pair of shimano xt pedals

Try to rather give an experience than a gift.

How about a special race entry for in 3 months time? That could be the goal to get him focused and into training.

Or give him an entry for a Mtb clinic to up his beginners skills. It'll save him some skin and maybe even bone.

Or get some really nice riders to take him riding somewhere he has never been. There's nothing like your first time.....

I'm a mountain biking boss and I wouldn't want one of my employees to spend a thousand bucks on a gift for me. I would be perfectly happy with a colourful buff (and I have several already). The idea is what counts, really!

the book "Mastering Muntain Bike Skills" by Brian Lopes

or after his first crash

"the Lore of Running" by Tim Noakes

Olympic mtb shoes and basic shimano pedals

Tubeless conversion

Bike service voucher

co2 inflation kit and tyre plug kit

Magiclight

Magneto jacket,Arm and leg warmers for early am rides

Proper footpump, Dárcs glass kit if he doesnt have