One Tonner 2011

Tiny K

So, seeing as this 153Km road race is once upon us (well those in the WC), who is doing it alone and who is doing it in their DC teams?

I, for one, am doing it solo, but might drop a group or two back to ride with my one DC team mates. The rest of the team has commitments so the whole team cannot do it as others are.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there with a few members of our team.

A few of them missed cut off for entries, so if anyone has an entry up for grabs, please let me kmow.

riding with DC team. As I understand it if you choose to ride as a team you all must start from the lowest seeded rider's group? Does this not result in an unsafe skew of rider numbers towards the later start groups, or is a modicum of common sense employed by the race organisers?

jip doing it with team and dropping down to lowest seeded rider. same as last year a couple of guys will probably hook on and make working as a team a difficult ....

riding with DC team. As I understand it if you choose to ride as a team you all must start from the lowest seeded rider's group? Does this not result in an unsafe skew of rider numbers towards the later start groups, or is a modicum of common sense employed by the race organisers?

Yes, it does 'skew' the numbers in the later groups but if you guys are stronger, there will be a split almost from the beginning if not at the next nice long climb a couple of Km's down the line.

What would generally happen is that the top groups would be bunched together due to lack of numbers, and the later groups leave one by one.

10 / 12 of our DC members are riding. Should be fun.

Weather looks perfect so far.

25C, overcast, 10km/h wind.

Ill be riding with my DC team.

Looking forward to this. Just hope I can recover this week after the gun runyesterday. LEgs feel shattered!

Guest Frail4Life

I will be ALONE, that is the WAY I ENJOY IT.

I will SEE how many Wheel suckers I pick UP.

I will need at least 4 botles for this distance!

How will you stay hidrated?

camelback? fill up at a water point? take all from the start?

Anybody registered yet? What does this involve? One of our team are going through to do everybody's and just want to know what he's in for.