Gears jumping

Pieterg

Please help did the Crater yesterday. My Gears was jumping like crazy. I put a new chain ,back cog and a new Crank set, all that’s not new is my front and back derailleurs.My problem is when I stand to power my gears slip like crazy I couldn’t power up any hills. It was so frustrating.

I am a newbie. The cog and cranks are fixed. They cannot be the problem in slipping. The chain cannot stretch. It cannot be the problem in slipping. It seems to me to me that you first have to get the chain lenght right, second have to index the rear derraileur, third set the slack right on the cable, THEN LASTLY GO AND RIDE INCLUDING STEEP HILLS FOR THE FINAL SMALL ADJUSTMENTS TO ENSURE SMOOTH CHANGING AND NO JUMPING. The final stage would reveal at most problems in the extreme gears, little tweaks to set the shifting right.

I am a newbie. The cog and cranks are fixed. They cannot be the problem in slipping. The chain cannot stretch. It cannot be the problem in slipping. It seems to me to me that you first have to get the chain lenght right, second have to index the rear derraileur, third set the slack right on the cable, THEN LASTLY GO AND RIDE INCLUDING STEEP HILLS FOR THE FINAL SMALL ADJUSTMENTS TO ENSURE SMOOTH CHANGING AND NO JUMPING. The final stage would reveal at most problems in the extreme gears, little tweaks to set the shifting right.

:thumbup:

And make sure your derailure hanger is straight !!

:thumbup:

And make sure your derailure hanger is straight !!

Thanks, and check for a stiff link in the chain too

Look like it was a too long Chain I’m doing a 75km night ride to night will let the hubber know tomorrow Night ride