Cannondale 3.0

iRob

Howzit.

Did Cannondale ever sell a lumo pink Cannondale 3.0 specifically as a mens bike? I can get one for quite cheap, and the geometry is not too bad, but the bars are narow and it makes me think its a ladies bike. That and the colour.

Was there that much of a difference in frame sizes ito mens vs ladies in that era? I doubt it. People were just discovering how to form aluminium when those were produced.

I'm quite happy to put wider bars and a different stem on and ride it as is. I'll maybe respray it.

Any info welcome.

Know your Cannondale :)

http://thatswhatshesaidaboutyourbike.blogspot.com/2010/11/brief-history-of-caad-technology.html

I don't think it was a woman specific model for 2 reasons:

1) In 1990 there weren't many womens model bikes

2) In 1990 lumo pink was a manly mans colour...

Personally I wouldn't go for it - those early 'dales were bone shakers of note and unless the "good price" is under R1,000 - it's not a good price.

Howzit, thanks man. Ja I doubt its a ladies bike.

I'm used to MTBing so the bone jarring stuff isn't that bad. I've been giving it on loan and its not as bad as I thought.

I'll have to get at least a new set of bars for it though.

Know your Cannondale :)

http://thatswhatshesaidaboutyourbike.blogspot.com/2010/11/brief-history-of-caad-technology.html

I don't think it was a woman specific model for 2 reasons:

1) In 1990 there weren't many womens model bikes

2) In 1990 lumo pink was a manly mans colour...

Personally I wouldn't go for it - those early 'dales were bone shakers of note and unless the "good price" is under R1,000 - it's not a good price.

I've just ordered a "sparkle magenta" Bell Faction to replace my KO'd lid. Awesome.

post-3056-0-02631900-1318327661.png

I've just ordered a "sparkle magenta" Bell Faction to replace my KO'd lid. Awesome.

post-3056-0-02631900-1318327661.png

Er dude, from where I'm sitting that looks pretty pink to me? But hey, if that's your thang... ;)

Howzit.

Did Cannondale ever sell a lumo pink Cannondale 3.0 specifically as a mens bike? I can get one for quite cheap, and the geometry is not too bad, but the bars are narow and it makes me think its a ladies bike. That and the colour.

Was there that much of a difference in frame sizes ito mens vs ladies in that era? I doubt it. People were just discovering how to form aluminium when those were produced.

I'm quite happy to put wider bars and a different stem on and ride it as is. I'll maybe respray it.

Any info welcome.

If Mario Chipolinni was still riding a Cannondale then it is very possible as he did ride a pink bike at some time.

Have a look at the decals,if they are vinyl and rased my guess it then it was resprayed.Originals should be very flat.

Er dude, from where I'm sitting that looks pretty pink to me? But hey, if that's your thang... ;)

Kinda the point, Banna...

It was that or brown. Yegh.

Plus, stick a couple of Monster, Rock Shox & other decals on it, and it'll rock even harder!

But heck, at least I won't be indistinguishable from the local environment...

Kinda the point, Banna...

It was that or brown. Yegh.

Plus, stick a couple of Monster, Rock Shox & other decals on it, and it'll rock even harder!

But heck, at least I won't be indistinguishable from the local environment...

Sorry, my bad. Wasn't following the rest of the fred, just got fixated on the sparkling magenta lid... for sure, with that lid, there's no way the 911 choppper will miss you in Tokai next time they come and air lift you out!

Sorry, my bad. Wasn't following the rest of the fred, just got fixated on the sparkling magenta lid... for sure, with that lid, there's no way the 911 choppper will miss you in Tokai next time they come and air lift you out!

too true.

But heck, it's a good looking colour. And I don't mind wearing pink. Given the choice between pink & brown, in a sexual context, it's kinda less homo to go for the pink than the brown...

too true.

But heck, it's a good looking colour. And I don't mind wearing pink. Given the choice between pink & brown, in a sexual context, it's kinda less homo to go for the pink than the brown...

Ha ha! Ja, I agree. Just kidding. I think you should log a new "project" here for upgrading the lid with stickers. Definately get a few cool GT one's?

Ha ha! Ja, I agree. Just kidding. I think you should log a new "project" here for upgrading the lid with stickers. Definately get a few cool GT one's?

I got some of those still! The guys I took the printing to could only print on 1.5m sections of clear vinyl. So I have LOADS of stickas!