Idea for recurring posts/information

andydude

I probably should've searched, but wasn't in the mood so I hope it hasn't been discussed yet.

Everyday we see a lot of recurring posts about this and that - can't we maybe start a type of Wikipedia entry system where standard things are put up and edited by persons in the know to create a better sort of one-stop libraray? From personal experience I know the search option doesn't work as great as it could. The biggest problem will probably be in agreeing what the information in a standard topic should be, but maybe we can try? Then it won't be a forum where it can be discussed, but only information based.

Or am I just shooting for the stars?!

Dude, I've been petitioning Admin for a recurring threads, and thread necromancy rule and dedicated moderator for years now.

Heard of that dead horse expression?

Maybe we should ask nicely - Admin, could you please take a look at our request?

Whose horse died?

Edited by andydude

Was there a horse? How many?

Just one. It was Matt's birfday a while ago. Didn't he get a horse? Or was that whores? I always get those mixed up.

How can we go off topic and start insulting each other if its all organized. Unless there are random insult sections. Dumbass.

Mmmmm don't worry Jimmy, there will still be threads to flame away in! And I've never really understood the term "dumbass". Is there anything else than a dumb ass?

Mmmmm don't worry Jimmy, there will still be threads to flame away in! And I've never really understood the term "dumbass". Is there anything else than a dumb ass?

Talking about horses.

An ass is like a donkey who is like a distant cousin of a horse or something like that...

Hence, a dumb ass. :P

What about a mtbr.com review type system for all products? Their system seems to work quiet well.

What about a mtbr.com review type system for all products? Their system seems to work quiet well.

Maybe you posted this on the wrong thread? :unsure:

On the flip side in the past when someone has commented on an existing post they are knocked for reviving it, damned if you do and don't.

On the flip side in the past when someone has commented on an existing post they are knocked for reviving it, damned if you do and don't.

That's why we need a proper necromancy rule, and we need it properly enforced.

That's why we need a proper necromancy rule, and we need it properly enforced.

Just the man for the job

post-7-0-87618700-1318326722.jpg

TNT1 has been asking for this for quite some time and I agree - it's much needed. I had gotten going with the setup of the permissions structures etc. to support a 'Forum Manager' user group, but admittedly it fell of my radar. oops.gif

TNT1 - I will complete this setup by COB tomorrow or I owe you a case of beer. Deal?

Below is a brief version of what had been discussed previously. If anyone has any suggestions for how this could be managed / improved or would like to nominate themselves as a Forum Manager please reply here or send me a PM.

An idea to make this work is to have a one or two sticky threads in each forum with an index of useful topics (i.e. an alphabetical listing of useful links for common topics). Hubber's could suggest threads to be added to the index by replying to that thread, mods would review and add in if of value.

The idea would be to have a curator to assigned to one or more forums. In some ways they'd be like a mini moderator, but more focussed on organizing content e.g. moving threads to a more appropriate forum, merging similar threads, pointing people in the direction of topics already discussed many times over. The Forum Curator would also be responsible for managing the sticky index for their forum.

Later this month we'll be releasing a small update which will include a home page 'features' section which will feature the current hot / relevant content. Hopefully this will also go some way to reducing the number of duplicate threads.