Disc set : which one of the following?

amoryns

Hope tech X2 - Dont listen to Meentb - he`s does all mountain - I bought his M4`s so he could switch to Mawhatsyoucallit.

Hope,hope,hope,hope,hope!!!!

Its the last brakes you will ever buy!!!!!!!!!!!

I ditched my Magura Louise Bat brakes a few years ago due to the following reasons:

Three lbs could not get them set up nice and hard, after 6 months of riding. (I like very little lever movement)

Replacement pads were pricey.

Magura Blood (brake Fluid)was not always in stock and caused further delays.

Changed to Hope Tech X2's and have not looked back. First set of pads lasted about two years through mud 'n all. Replaced them with original Sintered pads and they grip like hell.

Now both my bikes have Hope brakes. MY5CW.

I would get Hopes too, although the rear brake power I got from the Mono Mini was pathetic.

the X2 should be all that and more and machining is pure art.

Otherwise look at Formula. I have R1's and wont look back.

Hope!!!!

A guy pulled my front lever without the rotor being in the caliper. I did freak out (as you can imagine), but the next day, the pistons retracted to their normal position. I put the wheel back in and bobs your uncle. And bleeding these are freakin' easy

Edited by pablo

Hope Tech X2 for the past 2&1/2 years and still loving it. Oh yes they are super sexy looking to boot.

Who does support for Hope in SA? I got my M4's on the Tandem from www.chainreactioncycles.com and I purchased a lot of spares as well as their bleed kit. Still not sure if there are proper SA support.

Awesome brakes on the Tandem.

Who does support for Hope in SA? I got my M4's on the Tandem from www.chainreactioncycles.com and I purchased a lot of spares as well as their bleed kit. Still not sure if there are proper SA support.