Magicshine battery question

Grebel

Will the battery from a Magicshine MJ816 work on a MJ808 light? Is the voltage the same? I think the Ah is different though which would give better run time.

Any feedback would be great.

I run both - selection each depends on the time I will be riding, and which light I need for the terrain. In fact, I have also run the extra bottle cage option (locally sourced off the hub), with a splitter to run both at the same time.....

Don't know about the run-time on each, depends on the level you run. I used each of the batteries and the borrle cage option for the Desert Dash and still had light left in the morning

I run both - selection each depends on the time I will be riding, and which light I need for the terrain. In fact, I have also run the extra bottle cage option (locally sourced off the hub), with a splitter to run both at the same time.....

Don't know about the run-time on each, depends on the level you run. I used each of the batteries and the borrle cage option for the Desert Dash and still had light left in the morning

Thanks for that. I just don't want to plug the 816 battery in to my 808 and blow something. Sounds like it should be fine though.

They're theoretically identical batteries in different casings so no stress (all the batteries are the same including the "3rd generation" battery with the hard case and blue light). Basically all the Magicshine lights use the same batteries and are fully interchangeable. The long life batteries are also the same, but just with more sets of batteries run in parallel to increase the capacity.