JHB Hubbers Charity Ride 2011

Slowbee

Would be great to for the JHB crowd to get something together so that we can all be riding on the same day.

The Cape Town Ride

The plan would be an easy route, just to go out and have some fun for about 2 or so hours, with a coffee break. Scotty has suggested the kido route, but I know nothing of the area.

The idea would be to use this as a charity ride, bring a teddy, or some other gift along that we could donate to a childrens home. If enough hubbers join up we could get some marshalls together to keep us safe. In the past, the JHB rides have had over 100 riders, so lets see what can be done.

The planned ride date is Dec 16, as its a Friday, and a public holiday which will still allow you ride before you head on off for your holiday.

Just some minor details to sort out on exactly where, but lets see what we can come up with.

As I stay in CT, is there anyone in JHB who could organise a get together ?

EDIT: here are the other rides, would be great to make it an event across the country for that day

The Cape Town Ride

The Durban Ride

The Bloem Ride

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+ one

Slowbee , keep us up to date please . Edit - TNT1 , Keepus up to date please !

Edited by Prozac

As I stay in CT, is there anyone in JHB who could organise a get together ?

Right.

I'm organising the JHB Charity ride.

16Dec 2011.

Will post preliminary details later.

Any suggestions, pm me or post here.

Thanks TNT.

I know on the charity thread there were a few JHB hubbers were keen (Scotty, Dibbles, Captain Slow, Slowpoke) will get them a pm pointing them to this thread.

Right, so a while ago there was a bikers against crime ride, so I thought of using their format, from East Rand Mall, route around Boksburg, about 35km. We can make it less if that's the consensus.

If you throw a few names at me we can get an idea of how many people, and I will get Jasper or the TB guys to marshal.

Also send me all the ideas on what charity to support, and when we decide, we can then decide on what kind of collection to do.

I can approach the local Caxton papers and see if we can get someone out to take pics.

BoB and Slowbee, let's get these on our FB group and arrange a Charity/Awareness collaboration.

Do it. What do you need from me?

Do it. What do you need from me?

Date and start time, I reckon we take gifts to a community, we plan all this well beforehand, every rider brings no less than 2 fluffy toys (there are some awesome kids out there).

We do our mass awareness ride and bring gifts :thumbup:

We make this a nationwide thing, we get lot's of media coverage, all the provinces on the same day riding for "their" safety and giving back to our communities.

Edited by Dangle

Date and start time, I reckon we take gifts to a community, we plan all this well beforehand, every rider brings no less than 2 fluffy toys (there are some awesome kids out there).

We do our mass awareness ride and bring gifts :thumbup:

We make this a nationwide thing, we get lot's of media coverage, all the provinces on the same day riding for "their" safety and giving back to our communities.

Cool, Dec16 is the day, start 08:00.

Venue? I was thinking we could move it to JHB central? Like start from Carlton center or the cultural precinct?

Weedmod can surely assist with getting someone from the paper there?

I can get think bike onboard.

Edited by TNT1

Cool, Dec16 is the day, start 08:00.

Venue? I was thinking we could move it to JHB central? Like start from Carlton center or the cultural precinct?

Weedmod can surely assist with getting someone from the paper there?

I can get think bike onboard.

Cool , I will get some ideas from our members and their thoughts, we can also get Helivac Marshals there.

Where do we drop the gifts ?

Cool , I will get some ideas from our members and their thoughts, we can also get Helivac Marshals there.

Where do we drop the gifts ?

Yeah, Jasper's always game.

I'll find somewhere for the gifts. Will get back to you.

Are the Jhb and Pretoria Hubbers riding together? Jhb Central is quite a long drive for some Pretoria folk.