Durban Hubbers Charity Ride 2011

Slowbee

Would be great to for the Durban crowd to get something together so that we can all be riding on the same day.

The Joburg Ride

The Cape Town Ride

The Bloem Ride

The plan would be an easy route, but I know nothing of Durban, other than it has hills so not sure about easy.

The idea would be to use this as a charity ride, bring a teddy, or some other gift along that we could donate to a childrens home. If enough hubbers join up we could get some marshalls together to keep us safe. In the past, the JHB rides have had over 100 riders, so lets see what can be done.

The planned ride date is Dec 16, as its a Friday, and a public holiday which will still allow you ride before you head on off for your holiday.

StuQ6922, is apparent chief organiser, but if anyone else from the Durban area can help out .........

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm game. a ride from along the beachfront would be nice, from blue lagoon to ushaka and back, it's about 6km's one way, so 12 in total. and if it's a good day like the last few days, should be plenty eye-candy :) of course could always ride through the city center, has a fascinating history.

otherwise a ride in umhlanga beach front, though it may be a bit far to drive for some, including me.

is this purely a hubbers event? not sure how many durban hubbers there are, otherwise I ws thinking of opening it to the Durban critical mass guys and friends?

is this purely a hubbers event? not sure how many durban hubbers there are, otherwise I ws thinking of opening it to the Durban critical mass guys and friends?

its a "anyone with a bicyle event" can join. Heck if you guys are planning a shorter ride, then even little people with training wheels can join.

It is really about Hubbers organising a cycle event on the morning (and open to anyone) and some good coming out of it.

its a "anyone with a bicyle event" can join. Heck if you guys are planning a shorter ride, then even little people with training wheels can join.

It is really about Hubbers organising a cycle event on the morning (and open to anyone) and some good coming out of it.

Not sure if I have the wrong idea but surely the key goal is the good with the ride being secondary

How are riders going to tote along toys etc on a long ride?

The ride needs to be visible and accessable to as many as possible.Not stuck out in the grammadoelas

cool. will extend the invite then to Durban critical mass.

It's still early days, but perhaps the Durban guys can get started by suggesting a route, as well as a childrens charity/s they'd like to recommend?

The route I was thinking of starts off at the stadium, heads down to uShaka. A cup of coffee down there somewhere, followed by a ride to the point and then back.

Not sure if I have the wrong idea but surely the key goal is the good with the ride being secondary

How are riders going to tote along toys etc on a long ride?

The ride needs to be visible and accessable to as many as possible.Not stuck out in the grammadoelas

Yep Krans, you are right, it is about the good.

I have not thought further into how the toys are going to be carried along. In looking at Wolverines post they just used trailers.

Will have to give this some thought over the weekend as I am tied up with work at the mo.

Any advice, help (you have loads of experience in this) I will gladly take.

Sorry to hijack the Dbn thread on this...

i'm sure i can arrange for a a trailer or two at the stadium. could meet their, drop the toy off, have a cup of coffee and then do the ride.