SRAM Force gear lever

Faiyad

just wanted to find out if anyone else has also experienced what happened to me this weekend.

my bike is fitted with sram force groupset. while riding this weekend, i changed from my heaviest gear (11) to a lighter one. when doing so, my gear lever broke under the hood and got stuck in gear. has this happened to anyone else or am i the anomaly?

Happened to me, the lever broke clean off.

Had to get a new shifter

Edited by Lukep

Happened to me, the lever broke clean off.

Had to get a new STI

Why did you get a new STI when you are using Sram? STI is Shimano.

Shew that's a technicality. Well spotted though

That explains why the people at the Bike shops always look at me funny when I say STI reffering to Sram

In that case I got a new shifter?

http://www.thedawgpound.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/rofl_hard_smiley.gif

Good one :thumbup:

Funny that you mention the shifter problem...

Teammate of mine is already on his third shifter. We used to joke about it being only him being to forceful on his equipment and cutting back on his protein shakes etc, then just a couple of months ago the same thing happened with another mate while climbing Franshoek pass.

Same "symptoms" with lever "breaking" and being stuck in a gear - then having to be replaced. Both guys were then riding Sram Force.

Hope this does not start another Sram / Shimano war...

PS - Sram replaced under warranty so at least no issues there.

• 5 months later...

Warranty is all good, when you are at home. It sucks big time if you are 60km from home with a cat1 climb between you and home. I am a shimano man and I admire Sram for how they have pushed the envelope. But I think an extra 50 grams to beef up the Sram shifters is quite a good idea.

Breakages like these will put me of the brand. And I love the silky smooth shifting of the Dura-Ace 7800. Properly set up it cannot be faulted and remains top notch after all these years.