Jacaranda Satellite Classic 2011

the_other_guy

So a couple of weeks ago I did the Race for Victory.

Now I want to know how the Jacaranda Satellite Classic 2011 will compare to the Race for Victory with regard to the climbing at Hekpoort vs Suikerbosrand? :blink:

Who else will be riding? :clap:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think RV might be a bit harder with the hills in the reserve. JSC only really has the 1 major climb. I remember last year the wind on the way back was a bit of a bitch.

Hekpoort is nothing. Don't know why everybody is so afraid of it.

That is why I am asking, haven't done the route myself, but keep on hearing / reading that its a tough climb...

So a couple of weeks ago I did the Race for Victory.

Now I want to know how the Jacaranda Satellite Classic 2011 will compare to the Race for Victory with regard to the climbing at Hekpoort vs Suikerbosrand? :blink:

Who else will be riding? :clap:

Satellite is hard when racing it with the Elites :P But the Race for Victory was way harder...

Hekpoort is nothing. Don't know why everybody is so afraid of it.

What bunch do you ride in then? It's not nothing hey, you can pop on it when going up with a good bunch.

Hekpoort gradient is about the same as the big climb in the reserve you do in Race for Victory but is a much easier climb because of the flat route you take to get there. You should still be in pretty good condition by the time you get to hekpoort so no worries.

Satellite is hard when racing it with the Elites :P But the Race for Victory was way harder...

There's my problem right about there... <_< probably just have to suck it up... hahahaha

That is why I am asking, haven't done the route myself, but keep on hearing / reading that its a tough climb...

Still a hard race :) Hekpoort has a point where it just kicks up to a hard gradient and if you go to hard there... You will suffer till the top. Then there's a nice descend about all the way home with a thew rolling hills.

It's just over a 12 minute climb from the river crossing to the top just before the "Leopard mountain" or something reserve.

Think RV might be a bit harder with the hills in the reserve. JSC only really has the 1 major climb. I remember last year the wind on the way back was a bit of a bitch.

the wind on the way back was dam awful!!! But going out was cracking!

I considered doing the 97 as a training ride for the 94.7, but I was afraid that I would be the last one over the finish line, any advice from the pro's??

I considered doing the 97 as a training ride for the 94.7, but I was afraid that I would be the last one over the finish line, any advice from the pro's??

What do you mean by that post?

Yes, sit at the back of the race on the 2nd last wheel for the whole of the race and then outsprint the guy when there is 50m left.

Yes, sit at the back of the race on the 2nd last wheel for the whole of the race and then outsprint the guy when there is 50m left.

That's exactly what I will do thanks for the tip!!