Paarl Group rides

Rider3000

Hello fellow hubbers....

I am once again looking for fellow riders in the Paarl area to join me on the road...i can train most days "in daytime" and was hoping someone would join me ? I see allot of people on the roads between Paarl and Malmesbury and what better roads to train on (shoulder all the way)..please let me know if you want to join in

thanx

What is your pace like? And when you say 'daytime' - what time would be your cut off point?

Hi, the pace depends...but i enjoy a 30km/h ride ...i am a little unfit but as i get fitter the pace will go up. I have most of the day open and i prefer to ride between 7am and 12am.

What time do you ride ?

Hi TK and R300o - we have recently moved to Paarl and its great. I am flexible on my times to ride but would also like some mtb evening rides with lights. Road or MTB any pace but not quite elite :)

There is the paarlmtb club which is great some 600 member but heck they necver leave later than 5am!!!

Let us start a small group ride thing, keep it regular. We can meet outside cornerstone cycles which has moved to droomers and its ideal.

Looking forward to hearing from you and any other paarl mense.

Hi TK and R300o - we have recently moved to Paarl and its great. I am flexible on my times to ride but would also like some mtb evening rides with lights. Road or MTB any pace but not quite elite :)

There is the paarlmtb club which is great some 600 member but heck they necver leave later than 5am!!!

Let us start a small group ride thing, keep it regular. We can meet outside cornerstone cycles which has moved to droomers and its ideal.

I also get the emails from Paarl MTB but it is a bit difficult to join the AM rides if I live in Wellington and work in Gordon's Bay.

Have you joined PPA? done any recent races? That would b a good gauge as to where you are. Another guy in Wellington is Jaco Fiets.

I am limited to evening rides after, say, 18h30. Yeah, it is late but that is the only time I have to ride.

Hi Rookie,

welcome to paarl !!! im sure you will enjoy it here..

Can you ride ( road ) in the mornings weekdays ? We can ride like ones or twice in the week and i am also riding on saturday and sunday (longer) aswell.

Let me know

Same boat as Tiny K - stay in Paarl and work in Stellenbosch. Training time is limited, so can't join you guys midweek.

Nowhere near elite pace :rolleyes: and currently have my hands full training for DC. But in Dec I am usually left to my own devices, so keen to hook up some time then for weekend rides - once I regain feeling to my butt (after DC and Burger).

Waenhuis, I went across the mountain road other day (recovery ride). Started pitch dark and the mountain awoke around me, watching the sun rise across the valley - awesome experience! Not quite a night ride, but it started off like one. (I'm not a "real mtb'er", so that's probaly the closest I'll come to it...)

Same boat as Tiny K - stay in Paarl and work in Stellenbosch. Training time is limited, so can't join you guys midweek.

Nowhere near elite pace :rolleyes: and currently have my hands full training for DC. But in Dec I am usually left to my own devices, so keen to hook up some time then for weekend rides - once I regain feeling to my butt (after DC and Burger).

Waenhuis, I went across the mountain road other day (recovery ride). Started pitch dark and the mountain awoke around me, watching the sun rise across the valley - awesome experience! Not quite a night ride, but it started off like one. (I'm not a "real mtb'er", so that's probaly the closest I'll come to it...)

:lol:

• 11 months later...

Hi fellow hubbers,

I work till 5 pm like most of people, want to know if there is anybody riding after work ? I go to work very early and can only ride after 5PM and on weekends. Was hoping i could get a small group starting...I have road and MTB and don't mind which along as i can get the wheels rolling. Any takers ???

I live in wellington, im in. Have a buddy i'm sure will also be

Hi,

Do you ride road or MTB ? I was hoping to do more MTB than road but don't mind, thinking of riding from 17:30 till about 19:00.