bibbs / cycling kits

benj

hi guys

im in need of a few cycling kits , specially bibs

need some recomendation where best to buy and wich ones

assos / santini /giordana or other.... any kit is good

Everyone swears by Assos, but they're pricey.

Specialized make very nice bibs. Fit me perfectly and very comfy on long rides. But then again, this is a personal matter so what works for other people may not work for you.

There's a brand I've never heard of before and I can't remember the name, reviewed in Bicycling. They say it's the second-best they've tried (after assos, presumably), comes in around R1500, and has carbon fibre reinforcing (of all things).

There's a brand I've never heard of before and I can't remember the name, reviewed in Bicycling. They say it's the second-best they've tried (after assos, presumably), comes in around R1500, and has carbon fibre reinforcing (of all things).

Craft, but Assos is still tops!

The way it fits you and especially how the padding is placed is incredibly important, more so than the brand. Try the bib on, then bend forward as if you are sitting on the bike. Feel under your bum with your hands to make sure the thickest part of the padding is exactly over your sit bones. Some makes position the padding too far forward or back for my body. Pearl Izumi and Assos work for me.

Its a personal choice, like choosing a saddle, what works for you may not work for me etc.

Personally I LOVE LOVE LOVE the capestorm nitros bibs, by far the comfiest pair I have, even compared to my assos they far better, but that's just me. Also they are fantastic value for money @R1k for the top end nitros.

I also have a first ascent bib, the chamois is OK, nothing to write home about but the stitching is not the same quality as the cape storm and started fraying pretty soon after I bought them. I know they have a return policy but if the stiching goes after such a short period of time one has to wonder about them.

My 2 cents, capestorm the whole way.

Only ever tried Assos, Giordana and First Ascent. First Ascent are cheapish, but like everything, you get what you pay for...

Giordana for me. Like them so much, I wouldn't even try another brand, as they tick every box. :clap:

Highjack On

Any ideas on where the best place is to find a Specialized bibshort in CT?

Highjack Off

Our club prefers Vermarc, durable, good quality, washes well, excellent for everyday use. I took a fall recently and the kit survived the skid on the tar.