Bike Set up

cadenceblur

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No question it is worth it, besbike fitment bar none and other biek fitments come close but EF and EM are leaps ahead.

Get it done and be happy.

No question it is worth it, besbike fitment bar none and other biek fitments come close but EF and EM are leaps ahead.

Get it done and be happy.

Bit of a spoiler alert.. A new shop opening in Tokai, has a Spesh fitment center inside. Oh showers too and a set of lockers.

Bit of a spoiler alert.. A new shop opening in Tokai, has a Spesh fitment center inside. Oh showers too and a set of lockers.

I thought you were looking for a bike set up not a shower to clean yourself with? Showers and lockers wont help you with correct bike set up. Unless things have changed lately?

Where are Ergo Fit/ max done?

Contact Renay Goustra at Olympic cycles in Cape Town or contact Design in Motion bike shop in JHB.

Renay does the Ergofit @ Epic Bike Shop in Plumstead/Wynberg I think.

Jeroen Swart @ Sports Science Insitute in Newlands (Cape Town) is the main guy.

I had mine done by him a year ago and feel much better on both my bikes.

I thought you were looking for a bike set up not a shower to clean yourself with? Showers and lockers wont help you with correct bike set up. Unless things have changed lately?

mwaah.. everyone's a comedian. ;)

Yes bike setup.. I just added that last bit for posterity. Use it don't use it, but could help in the morning if the office does not have ablution.. you work it out.

I had mine done by him a year ago and feel much better on both my bikes.

I just feel with my hands? How do you do it? ;)

I had a bike setup on my roadie done by Petie at Helderberg Cycle World last year - none of the changes were radical, mostly tweaks to ride height, new saddle, cleat position, bar height. but it made a huge difference. I passed a guy labouring up Lord Charles on the ride home after and immediately recommended it to him. Was something like R250 for the setup (excluding cost of new saddle) - best money I've spent on cycling since it's been way more enjoyable since.

This wasn't an Ergo fit - but Petie did say they do a "full 3d fitting" if I wanted to go beyond the basic setup work

Eugene also did a similar fitting when I got my new Stumpjumper a few weeks back - rides beautifully, although because it was new I didn't get the same dramatic before/after effect as on my roadie.

Sorry to sound like an advert for these guys - the main point I would say is if you haven't had a pro check or help you with setup, then give it a try. There's a good chance one or more key areas aren't quite optimal, and it could be holding you back. Well worth the cost IMO

- Rob

This question has come up time and time again.

Person to speak to is Dr. Jeroen Swart at The Sports Science Institute in Newlands.

Normally charges R750, well worth the money!!

He has setup the Team Bonitas team as well as John-Lee Augustyn.

http://www.teamsky.com/profile/0,27291,17543_6638057,00.html

He has also setup Philip Buys. http://www.philbuys.com/

Check under `ABOUT` and then scroll down to `coach`......Dr Jeroen Swart

Post over.

PS: Dont worry about this new shop in Tokai for a bike setup, who are they?, how much do they know?,etc.

Edited by david16v

Ergo fit is well worth it.

I had mine done more than a year ago at Bridge Cycles......

Like Splat said Jeroen is the main guy - Renay is one of the best ergo fit guys out there according to Jeroen. So iether one will do.

Contact Number for Renay - 082 748 5120 - Renaygroustra@Yahoo.com

Mine cost me R850 by the doctor himself. About an hours work. I had to change 1 or 2 things after a week or 2 cause I wasn't entirely happy. All good now.