Treatment for tennis elbow?

I FLY

I have had chronic tennis elbow for a couple of months.

I have tried physio, icing, stretching,and resting.

Any suggestions re alternative treatment before I consider cortisone injections?

Any suggestions re alternative treatment before I consider cortisone injections?

Well look at the bright side of things: it's better than golf balls :blink:

To get rid of it you will need a combination of all the above; quite a long period of rest, lots of physio AND icing.

Or you can go for the op, its quick and not too sore, and heals real quick.

Something must be causing the tennis elbow to inflame.What are you doing besides riding?

When I played league squash it became so bad that if I played 2 or 3 nights in a row I could not even hold the racket.Nothing helped.I bit the bullet and went the cortisone route.Halleluja......It went away.Same as my knee.

have you tried complete rest ie: no wanking ? :D

Ha Ha.

I am left handed. Tennis elbow in right arm. I am not ambidextrous.

Ha Ha.

I am left handed. Tennis elbow in right arm. I am not ambidextrous.

Was it Shakespeare that said something like "doth protest too much"?

Sorry, I meant to say the cortizone injections and the right physio exercises worked for me. Over a period of a year or so it went away completely (after perhaps 3 injections) and no surgery was necessary. The injections themselves are bloody sore, but they really work.

I got tennis elbow from gymming and its been around for about 9 months now. Currently taking 2 months off any weight training. Its fine until i try to pick stuff up. Its actually really bad. Went for cortizone injections in the beginning but it only kept the pain away for 2 or 3 days then its back. Tempted to go for a scan just to see what the hell is going on in there but those scans must be extremely expensive and dont think the medical aid will pay.

My point is: I feel your pain bud :thumbdown:

I suffered from tennis elbow for a while caused by climbing too much, rest sorted it out. I also picked up some golfers elbow, for which I needed cortisone shots to sort out. Also thought it was climbing related, but then worked out it was due to using the mouse pad on my lap top! Figure that out when I tore my calf muscle and resorted to becoming a gamer for the first time in my life!

Had a serious case about a year ago. Something has caused it. TE is usually caused by either muscle growing faster that tendons ie weight lifting or, in my case, bike set up. An often over looked part of the setup. Check to see if your hoods are out.. handle bars to wide or to narrow. All it took me was ice, narrower bars (measure from shoulder to shoulder, pref get a bio setup, see Dr Jaroen Swart) and a minor tweeking of hoods.

Good luck, I know how it stops you from riding.

What has the physio done with you?? Have you tried biokinetic rehab yet?

One word.... Prolotherapy!

Check out www.prolotherapy.co.za. I was suffering from an Achilles Tendon.... My physio told me to stop cycling for 12 weeks for the tendinitis to heal. Prolotherapy saved my life!

2 Sessions later and my achilles tendon is stronger than it used to be.... Even trained while on the therapy.

Believe me, I was the biggest skeptic (...sorry for the typo) out there.... And have done hours of research about prolotherapy on the net. Just try it....

To believe in cortisone therapy in 2011 = Ride without any front suspension and tubes in your wheels!

Edited by Morwa

.. Prolotherapy!

..... I was the biggest septic out there....

I hope not! ;)

Very interesting link, thanks.