advice on carbon frame please

ZooBear

Hi guys

Can anybody tell if this frame is cracked or not. This mark is on the seattube and is under the glossy outer layer of the frame. Its only noticeable under bright light, and the frame is still smooth on the outside. The frame is 8 months old and I only noticed this now. The supplier is helpful, he says its probably glue from the bonding process but he would like a to have a look at it (i have to send the frame to him). Im a little afraid to ride the bike now....

post-23033-0-09910100-1318579388.jpg

post-23033-0-93766100-1318579451.jpg

post-23033-0-82999400-1318579464.jpg

Was it there from the beginning? It looks like it's just the reflection from the carbon. I don't know what they call the method of laying the carbon but I like it more then the stupid checkered board design that made carbon popular.

Im not sure if was there when i bought it, the marks are only visible uder a bright light, in natural daylight u cant see it

Was it there from the beginning? It looks like it's just the reflection from the carbon. I don't know what they call the method of laying the carbon but I like it more then the stupid checkered board design that made carbon popular.

Called Unidirectional (UD) pattern

Looks more like a UD marble effect to me...but I need a magnifying glass to see from your thumbnails

Awesome!