Where can I rent a MTB in JHB?

Just Keep Pedaling

What's your budget?!

...cos I'll rent you my DH bike... it's practically bomb proof, and comprehensively insured :lol:

ok, but yeah... only place I know that rents MTB's are certain riding spots, and that means you gotta use the bike there. MTN bike park and Goenkloof are 2 I can think of off hand.

Thanks Patches - Was planning to go to Van Galens but could change to Groenkloof. It is for my brother in law - so even if you were serious about renting your DH monster I don't think he would know what to do with it and would probably kill himself. My wife would not be very understanding. :D

Dunno about JHB, but next to the Hatfield Gautrain station in PTA, there's a place that rents mtb's.

If you ping me on Monday, I'll go past and get a number for you.

Edited by TNT1

You can also rent at Rietvlei. The bikes are maintained by the bike shop there and are much better than the ones at Groenkloof.

You can also rent at Rietvlei. The bikes are maintained by the bike shop there and are much better than the ones at Groenkloof.

+1 you can hire a Merida hard tail, good enough to ride the intermediate course laps, one lap takes about 45min.

I think Stardust is talking about The Vlei Cycle Park (also called rietvlei) where they hire bikes out. As said above they are Merida's and are well looked after, and its a really nice ride with loads of different level trails.

Hi Guys, we do have rental bikes at The Vlei Cycle Park, they are Meridas but the entry level bikes as they take a lot of abuse... the cost is R150 and this includes your entry fee and helmet. We hire them out from 8 till 5 on week days and 8 till ONE on Saturdays and Sundays. We do have demo bikes available by appointment only as they are NOT part of our regular fleet.