Introducing the "Forum Managers" group

Matt

Hi Hubbers,

In response to the Idea for recurring posts... thread (and many that came before it) we have finally added a new user group called Forum Managers.

What is a Forum Manager?

A Forum Manager is a bit like moderator, but more focussed on organizing content (e.g. moving threads to a more appropriate forum, merging similar threads, closing and pinning threads).

So they won't be rapping you over the knuckles for name calling or posting fleshy pics, but might if you post a thread in the wrong forum!

Over time we're aiming to introduce a few sticky threads per forum which will act as an index of commonly discussed topics with links to relevant and valuable threads. There's a huge amount of content on The Hub and often the valuable stuff gets lost in the works or diluted through many similar topics on the same subjects.

With the introduction of Forum Managers we're hoping to improve the organisation and structure of content making it easier for people to find what they're looking for and helping reduce the number of recurring topics.

Who are the Forum Managers?

I'd like to welcome @TNT1 as the first member of the Forum Managers team. He's suggested and requested (repeatedly) that we establish something like this - thanks for your persistence!

Myself and the Moderators will also be assisting where needed.

With the volume of content being posted we need a few more hands and welcome any applications from members to become a Forum Manager. Ideally we'd like to have Managers assigned to a forum (or a few) which they have a specific interest in (e.g. Tech Q&A or Commuting).

Send me a PM or email if you're interested.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

Matt - Admin

Who are the Forum Managers?

I'd like to welcome @TNT1 as the first member of the Forum Managers team. He's suggested and requested (repeatedly) that we establish something like this - thanks for your persistence!

Thanks, Admin.

There he is:

http://www.infobarrel.com/media/image/15873.jpg

Miss that dude, pity he decided to "explode".

R.I.P Bob the Builder.

Guest agteros

'BobMod' has a nice ring to it, nice :thumbup:

BUT, can (w)he fix it?

Now that the management profile of the Hub is expanding when are we going to see the "Off Topic - Non Cycling Subforums" being included in the drop down FORUMS menu. These extra forums that were created under Off Topic after the insistence of the new "Manager" has been largely ignored and has not risen to its full potential.

Now that the management profile of the Hub is expanding when are we going to see the "Off Topic - Non Cycling Subforums" being included in the drop down FORUMS menu. These extra forums that were created under Off Topic after the insistence of the new "Manager" has been largely ignored and has not risen to its full potential.

For the time being I'll move what I see to the relevant forum, and if you see anything, feel free to pm me.

For the time being I'll move what I see to the relevant forum, and if you see anything, feel free to pm me.

I am sure you will exercise your new power(s) with the normal dilligence, as it seems you have a lot of time at your disposal.

My post above is actually directed to ADMIN.

My post above is actually directed to ADMIN.

Send me a PM or email if you're interested.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

Matt - Admin