poor service - chris willemse cycles

cadenceblur

would like to highlight a bad experience at cwc yesterday.

called the store enquiring about a 10 degree stem, was then asked to send an e-mail with my request as they have so many stems in stock.

so i send the mail and while waiting for a response i check the online store and actually find it and also purchased it and when to collect.

only to then receive a response to my mail that they don't have any!

I then decided to let them know that i actually found what i wanted despite being told that it wasn't available , to which i received the response, I quote: "and? they all only come in 10 degrees" ? this after being told they don't have any?

pretty bad attitude i would say.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did somebody else P...ss on your battery that you had to make and issue of nothing? AS far as i know they recently moved shop and perhaps not everything has been unpacked, or its perhaps difficult to find things. Anybody can make a mistake. Get a grip on yourself Mr Perfect!!

not disputing the fact that people make mistakes , they need to take accountability for them when they do, not respond defensively. when i was in the store - it was quiet. and why should i tolerant sub standard service anyway?

Maybe the reply was abit cocky. But bud you saved money, got what you wanted. Try dealing with some other LBS who will treat you like you're a annoyance when you want to order something they dont have in stock.

Did you pick up the phone and talk to Jnr or Snr?

why should they tolerate sub-standard clients?

OMG !

You have no clue about how business work , do you!

You cant complain about CWC on this forum. There is not much objectivity when it comes to them for some reason

I agree. I am still waiting (3 days and counting ) for a reply to my email about a price quote as well ...

Puppy in my pocket. "Come here! Come here, my boy" thumbdown.gif

What is up with all the reflexive hate-filled responses to people with a complaint about CWCycles? Did I miss how this company turned into a religion with its own following that can't stand criticism? It's only a company that can also make mistakes.

Seems as though CWCycles still has teething problems and made a mistake. I'm sure it happens a lot that there are discrepancies in actual stock on hand and the theoretical stock on hand. Happens everywhere.

What I wounldn't accept, though, is the discourtesy of being made to look the fool after CWCycles were in the wrong, instead of them admitting that they made a mistake. Common decency not to play the prick, especially with a customer.

That being said, I have received mostly outstanding service from CWCycles Online.

My only gripe so far has been that they don't read the addendum to an order, eg. "if x unavailable in size y then please send me one in size z".

In the end it was only two extra pieces of correspondence, but still annoyed that they put the section on the online order form, but don't use it.

OMG !

You have no clue about how business work , do you!

I think he is a double poster called "Jnr"

So did you get the stem or not? Your sentences/english does not make much sense.

Are you complaining that their "website stock" is not what they actually have in stock or that they told you that they dont have it in stock. Sorry but I cant see the problem?

would like to highlight a bad experience at cwc yesterday.

called the store enquiring about a 10 degree stem, was then asked to send an e-mail with my request as they have so many stems in stock.

so i send the mail and while waiting for a response i check the online store and actually find it and also purchased it and when to collect.

only to then receive a response to my mail that they don't have any!

I then decided to let them know that i actually found what i wanted despite being told that it wasn't available , to which i received the response, I quote: "and? they all only come in 10 degrees" ? this after being told they don't have any?

pretty bad attitude i would say.

There seems to be a huge disconnect between their actual store and their online store. I think they are separate entities actually (?). I've had this exact issue with them before, they guy in the shop had none, and I found it on their website. Maybe someone from CWC can clarify? I still use them but only because they are cheaper. As I've said, I've had snotty service from them in the past. In general, South Africans have zero idea about the concept of good customer relations and service. It's standard. Their response to you was rude. The fact that it made you feel this way enough to share this story online means a lot. It's begging for a response from the shop.

I'm not sure where you get off making a comment like this. I've checked out your blog etc, and judging your attitude from this comment and a few others, I'd say your intentions come across as insincere. I'd certainly never do business with someone with this attitude, and would hope my friends never crossed your path either. My broker understands the anguish caused by poor service, and that's why I have a broker. He's certainly never ever displayed this "sub-standard clients" attitude and has always placed the customer first. You must have some sort of vested interest in defending CWC like this. Fess up, what's your involvement there?

I think he is a double poster called "Jnr"

His name and links to his personal blog are in his details. His surname is not Willemse. I do however think he has a vested interest in this company, either brokering for them, or he's trolling. Own up CptMayhem, what's your involvement here are are you being an antagonist?

His name and links to his personal blog are in his details. His surname is not Willemse. I do however think he has a vested interest in this company, either brokering for them, or he's trolling. Own up CptMayhem, what's your involvement here are are you being an antagonist?

CptMayhem is actually a financial advisor, more commonly known as a broker. Now that is a good advertisement for the industry !

Edited by Topwine